• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are the short ladies wearing for shell pants?

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m in the market for shell pants. Being 5’1” and having a 30” inseam makes this a hard find… my local ski shop doesn’t sell shells abundantly, so it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I usually fit into obermeyer insulated pants well

any advice, suggestions, pictures are welcome!! TIA

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Flylow has Short options, but no idea if any left at this point in the season. Pricey, but late season sales are good. I like my Foxy Shell bibs, I'm in small at 5'5" and the legs are longish on me, and I have the straps pulled up all the way, so you'd def need short. They are uninsulated but I've found them very cozy when it's cold with proper base layers, and venting is good when it's warm. I think Nils makes Short too.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m 5’1 with 2 pairs of Flylow bibs (foxy and sphinx). They are regular length and not too long. Mine are extra small so maybe a shorter length?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Strafe pants do not need to be hemmed as well. My other ski pants I’ve taken to a tailor in San Francisco! Pricey but one pair were cut at the knee (my bogner plaid pants everyone loves)

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flylow has Short options, but no idea if any left at this point in the season. Pricey, but late season sales are good. I like my Foxy Shell bibs, I'm in small at 5'5" and the legs are longish on me, and I have the straps pulled up all the way, so you'd def need short. They are uninsulated but I've found them very cozy when it's cold with proper base layers, and venting is good when it's warm. I think Nils makes Short too.
I’ve tried northface and burton bibs, they were about a foot too long!! Ugh. Looks like I need to shop out west next year. :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I have a 28” inseam so I can understand! I got the Rom pant from marmot as a soft shell pant and got the petite sizing. I had to size up as they run small (got a size 6 in order to wear it with an inner layer). It works well! It’s an insulated soft shell so I’m actually just wearing shorts under and opening up the vents when doing high output

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve tried northface and burton bibs, they were about a foot too long!! Ugh. Looks like I need to shop out west next year. :smile:
Burton runs really long. I got a Burton Reserve regular and North Face Freedom long to try, and the North Face was only about 1/2" longer! North Face makes short sizes. Are those still too long? I'm 5'5" and I would have kept the North Face long bib if it hadn't been too tight. It was a little too long for me but not terrible.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Agree, Burton is super long! North Face Freedom bib comes in a short length.

mustski

Angel Diva
I like Roxy short pants. I’m 5’2”. I do have to size up with Roxy. I normally wear a medium but go large with Roxy. I’m a solid medium in Obermyer … as a reference

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I'm incorrect... the Rom pant does not come in a petite size. I thought it did :facepalm: well I still like it with my 28" inseam! They seem shorter than my short OR snowcrew pant...but it seems they aren't. I think the snowcrew pant just is way too big for me (I'm in between sizes) ... that is all to say, please ignore me!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got a pair of XS Ride snowboard pants that fit like a glove. Lightly insulated but not very. I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stio has short lengths and they are all on sale right now. I now have two pair of their Environ pants-a pant and a bib-and a jacket, and I am really happy with the fit and performance. They do run large, so keep that in mind.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What brand?

I've had Patagonia ski pants shortened (kids, and they were STILL too long), as well as Columbia. Both turned out great. You really need to find someone who understands ski pants. The seamstress I use has a lot of experience with them, and she does a great job.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had Patagonia ski pants shortened (kids, and they were STILL too long), as well as Columbia. Both turned out great. You really need to find someone who understands ski pants. The seamstress I use has a lot of experience with them, and she does a great job.
Thanks, finding a seamstress here is impossible, especially with ski pant knowledge. My industrial marine/canvas/upholstery sewing machines will just destroy this material. So I’ll have to mail order a bunch of different pants and try on at home. Everything at peter Glenn in stock is insulated :/. At least with obermeyer, I know I fit in the insulated.
Thanks for all comments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna