• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What about Mt Hood if I have to be in PDX for work?

J.K.

Diva in Training
Hello Divas! I have to go to Portland for work and could extend my trip to make this a ski vacation and go to Mt Hood. (Basically I need to go to PDX when my husband and I were planning to go to Jay Peak in VT, but VT is lacking in snow and I want to know is Mt Hood worth it? And how do you book lodging there?

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From the vid I've seen, Mt Hood has tonnes of snow. Epic conditions.

But there is a storm moving in on the east. NJ meant to get two feet, don't know what's in store for Jay Peak - -

Christy

Angel Diva
Well, if you're already going to be in Portland and the Jay trip is cancelled, then why not spend an extra day or 2? Mt Hood Meadows has the second deepest base in the US right now, after Baker--this year has been good to the PNW. When is the trip?

I've never skied the Hood areas but my understanding is that you'd want to ski at Mt Hood Meadows. There are lodging options on the website. The famous Timberline Lodge would be fun (it's been on my list for years) and there is the Timberline ski area right there, or you could still drive to Meadows. You could also day trip from Portland of course. If you wanted to spend a few days, you could hedge your bets re conditions and decide last minute to go to Hood or to drive a few hours to Bachelor.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@J.K. Mount Hood Meadows! I've only had chance to ski the lower Mt 2 seasons ago in MAY - unexpected family trip + late season dump = FUN! I would love to go back and explore the entire mountain. 254 inches current total? Loved everything about it - easy mellow resort :smile: You could also do a day at Timberline ......

Plus as an added bonus, IMO the best POUTINE west of the Rockies can be found at Mt. Hood Brewing Company (Government Camp Loop) on your way back down to Portland......

Lodging - not sure about that don't think there is any true "ski in/ out" everything is 6 miles + from the mountain, and really its only an hour and 1/2 from portland (you can take a bus from downtown $25). Can't remember name but think there is a chain hotel on way up about 20 mins from Mount Hood...... but we always enjoy staying down town, lots of fun hotels to choose from and you can't beat the food :smile: Mt Hood's web site for lodging: https://www.skihood.com/plan-a-trip/lodging .......

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you still debating? I've gone to Portland for work, skied Mt. Hood Meadows for a couple of days, and stayed at the Cooper Spur. There was a discount for lift tickets at Mt. Hood Meadows, although this is not ski in/ski out. You do need to go have a drink at the Timberline Lodge at the very least. It is amazing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga