• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Weather question in 2 Parts

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bonni's welcome thread kinda got hijacked for the purpose of discussing our respective weather.
I know several SkiDiva's are from NewEngland, but there are many of us who are in other parts of the world.

Part #1
Whats the Weather like in your neck of the woods today?

My weather is mid 60's and rain is likely. The Autumn colours should be out in full beauty by the weekend.

Part #2
When do you anticipate ski slopes opening on your local hill?

For me, I plan on skiing Thanksgiving Morning!
(if you don't live where you have a local hill, when do you think you'll likely hit the slopes?)

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
Part #1
It is 8:00am and already 75 degrees. Forecast says an expected high of 94 and mostly sunny. I'm supposed to be decorating the house for Halloween, but I just can't get into the spirit because of the weather. This is only my second "autumn" in Texas.
Part #2
We have a very early season trip planned for the week of T-giving. If the snow goddesses cooperate, I'll be on the slopes of one of the Summit Co. mountains on Nov. 19. 49 days and counting!

Jilly

Staff member
Well here on the shores of Lake Ontario is was 10 degrees C this morning. That's about 50 F. Over the weekend though we did have frost in some places. The sun is shining for today they say. The week's forecast is for temp's to go down to high of 13/56 F. This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday. Our annual change the seasons at the cottage. Put summer away and get out winter. First day out, is second day of operations at Tremblant November 18th! (they plan to open 17th) We will be there even if there is only one run as we take over the condo on the 15th.

Marigee

Angel Diva
It was 55 degrees at 6:30 AM here in the D.C. Metro area - highs in the upper 70's. It is sunny with a light breeze. Perfect weather for walking, biking, working in the yard. The leaves are just beginning to change here.

I might get a day in before Christmas at our local hill if the weather co-operates, but I'll be skiing at Steamboat on the 24th of December!

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
SnowHot said:

Part #1

Here in Bozeman its been nice. Fall has come though. It's in the 60s to 70s today and drops to about 40 in the evenings. You never know though this is Montana and the weather can change in an instant. Just a few weeks ago we were having highs in the 40s with snow. There is snow on the mountains right now, but none in town.

SnowHot said:
Part #2

I think they both plan to open on Thanksgiving weekend as well. We'll see what happens though, snow coverage is usually poor then. Unless it's another season like last year, then it was great. Keeping my fingers crossed:D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Weather today in Plymouth, VT (between Okemo and Killington): Sunny, in the 50s. The leaves are past their peak and falling from the trees. Tonight it's supposed to get into the 30s!

I'd love to be skiing by mid November, but that remains to be seen.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna