• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wahoo new boots!

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
So I made a trip out to the Ski Stop in Westwood, MA to get new boots today! Linda was my bootfitter and she was great! I tried on 4 different boots (Tecnica M8 Ultrafit, a light purple Tecnica boot, Lange Exclusive 70, Head Dream Thang 8) and ended up deciding on the '07 Head Dream Thang 8's in 23.5. They are super comfy! I can't wait to try them out this weekend. Here's a picture. I bought the ones that are white/red. I love them but they don't match my skis! :(

dream8.jpg

I tried on the Lange boots first and those things killed! Squished my pinky toe and pushed on my instep. But it was very snug and my heel didn't shift at all.

After the Lange boots, I tried on the Tecnica M8's and those were like the opposite of the Lange boots. Super cushy but my heel moved around like crazy.

I tried on the other light purple pair of Tecnica boots (don't know the model) and they were in between the Lange and the M8's. However, they cut into my left calf so bad that my calf was sore after I took the boot off.

Finally I tried on the Dream Thang 8's and they were absolutely perfect...for my left foot. I had 2 pressure points on my right foot that Linda worked on. She definitely made the pressure less and suggested that I ski first and then come back if they're still bothering me. I didn't get a custom insole because I didn't have the time to make another trip, but Linda added some foam to elevate my flat arch a bit.

Also, I told Linda about this website. She hadn't heard of it before. Her and another female employee will definitely be visiting here soon!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats on the new boots! I also purchased new boots this weekend at Summit Ski and Snowboard in Framingham. I also tried on 4 different boots. Had the mushed toe experience with Rossignol and Salomon. And the Salomons and some silver/grey Heads cut into my calves like whoa.

Ended up in Nordicas that hug my heel but leave plenty of room for my wider forefoot. I'm planning to wear SuperFeet in them, since after the price of the boots, I wasn't quite ready to spend more on custom footbeds for the time being!

Good luck with your new boots!

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah I saw your review first and based mine off yours :smile:

I think I might add custom footbeds later. They were suggested but just took too much time.

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah!! Although, I think the boots will clash horribly with the skis :(. The boots are off-white and red even though they look white.

DREAM__THANG__8L_HEAD.jpg

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations on your new boots! There's nothing like getting in the right pair of boots and feeling that "ahhhh" feeling. Good luck and have a good time with those boots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna