• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl review

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried a few volkl while spring skiing at palisade alpine meadows and mammoth last week

blaze 82 in 156 length were zippy and I had fun until the heavy spring snow started beating me up

blaze 86 in 156 were not as zippy, but I felt more stability, and could cut by though the crud better, but the blaze line just seemed a bit to light for me

I ended up purchasing the kenja 88 in 163. It was grippy in the refrozen hard pack ( or early morning shaded areas on the groomers, I felt nimble in the bumps, and was able to feel comfortable at speed (40 mph according to my ikon stats), and not getting banged around in the heavier spring slush. I kept the demo bindings(squire), because I actually prefer the negative delta feel ( I learned a lot about delta this year).

this ski will be a wonderful compliment to my black crows camox birdie that I finally bought during covid and was able to ski last year. They have the warden 11 binding with a positive 5 delta.

im an advanced, cautious skier 53 years old 5’1” and unfortunately 130 lbs. (menopause has been harsh on me!!) ski Taos every year doing a private ski week with two other advanced girls
Atomic hawk ultra 110 boot with stock liner, but foot beds from christy sports at Taos, and a 1 degree cant.

Picture of still skiing on top of trees in mid May!!+ a marmot!!

Attachments

• IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3786.jpeg
    IMG_3786.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3783.jpeg
    IMG_3783.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 26

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You look pleased with your new skis! Hope you have been able to enjoy them a bit more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965