• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl Queen Attiva

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I played on my new skis today and had a blast. I've read so many positive comments about the Queen Attivas and was thrilled when my sweetie handed me the box containing my new skis on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to try them, especially based on the fun it seems that y'all are having on them.

The skis didn't disappoint. Right now, I'm about a mid-road intermediate skier, striving to get back to the level I was at a couple years ago. I've finally gotten my boots dialed in (I've got real pain-in-the-butt feet), after 2 rounds of customization and getting a set of custom orthotics. I'm getting more and more comfortable on blues, and these skis helped me nudge my confidence up a bit more today.

My Queens are 156cm with Marker M11.0 Free bindings. The conditions today started out surprisingly nice--the PA ski areas got a couple of inches of new snow over frozen granular. The sun came out by 9:30 and kept the snow nice and soft throughout the day. I skied in soft snow, hardpack, a mix of both, and toward the end of the day, in some of that heavy "beach sand" spring snow. The Queens floated through it all, and I had a blast carving long sweeping turns.

Not sure what else to say, other than I'll be skiing on these lots more this season. They're as close to a one-ski quiver ski as I've been on so far. I'm looking forward to trying these out in some Western snow in March!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga