• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl Kenja 2013 (preview)

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't seen the fabled 2013 Volkl Kenja's myself... but found this brand new blog post today showing what the new pretties look like!

https://vtsports.com/volkl-kenja-report

20120118-123324.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the in depth review of them later on this website...

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty. But did they change the design at all, or is it basically the same ski as before - like Aura was for a few years before they made it rockered?

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty. But did they change the design at all, or is it basically the same ski as before - like Aura was for a few years before they made it rockered?

I have no idea, waiting to get the more in depth review from that website. I personally haven't seen these or heard anything about them until I found this post online last night.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Often the European Volkl site has next year's stuff up long before the American site. I haven't checked yet, but you could try voelkl.com to see.

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That bird made me want those skis...

:drool:

of course I really DON'T need new skis right now, so it's prolly a good thing for me.:Hole:

livstew

Certified Ski Diva
i think i still preferred the old ones...

also interested if they added any rocker or keeping it all bendy...

vickie1124

Certified Ski Diva
me too. Did they break down and add rocker? Hope not. Nice to have a great camber-only ski option. I also hope they finally did something with the integrity of the graphics. The scratching problem has been terrible. Fantastic skis for sure, but they shouldn't scratch like they do.

vickie1124

Certified Ski Diva
If you don't need new skis don't demo the Kenjas. You'll HAVE to buy them. At least that's what happened to me. Was perfectly content with my Lotta Luvs, but I just had to try the fabled Kenjas. Fell in love half way down the first run. Bummed I haven't gotten them off the groomers yet - what an awful snow year so far - but it looks like that's changing (in northern CA) and hope to get them in some crud, trees, moguls and powder before long. They perform great on the groomers. Good thing since that's all I've been able to get on this year!

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly nice topsheet? Me no likey.:mad:

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was chatting with my bootfitter today and he thinks that they added a rocker. He's off to a few trade shows in the next few weeks and he's going to fill me in on the details.

I will definitely be ditching the Lotta Luv's next year for something a little more aggressive and I am eyeing the Kenjas!!

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not as pretty as 2011-12, but less noticable if scratched

In another post someone mentioned how easily scratched the topsheet is. (I agree, one lesson with a four-year old and my pretty pink bird has a "boo boo".) I liked 2010-11 graphics better than next year's model. Had the same issue with Volants I had years ago. But you can't beat cold hard metal for performance.

Hope they didn't change the rocker. This year's model skis as expected on soft snow, fresh snow, crud, and much better than expected on frozen groomer tracks and blue ice. (It's been a heck of a season here in the East.) The twin tips are great for me too, since I ski backwards alot. (Intentionally, too.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga