• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Interestingly, I haven't liked the 94 as much as the 86.. last time I demoed them. Perhaps the conditions weren't right when I tried them, I can't really recall when it was and what length I was on at the time.
Perhaps I'll have to give them another go with next year's updates.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interestingly, I haven't liked the 94 as much as the 86.. last time I demoed them. Perhaps the conditions weren't right when I tried them, I can't really recall when it was and what length I was on at the time.
Perhaps I'll have to give them another go with next year's updates.
I skied mine when it was snowing close to 2 inches/hour at Alta (not an exaggeration). I *bounced* in the snow, which was amazing. For me, this length, width, and construction are a solid powder ski, and I've been fortunate to ski them in multiple powder days with good results.

I also ski them on mushier days. The two skis I was on this season were my slalom skis and these - about a 27mm waist width difference.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I skied mine when it was snowing close to 2 inches/hour at Alta (not an exaggeration). I *bounced* in the snow, which was amazing. For me, this length, width, and construction are a solid powder ski, and I've been fortunate to ski them in multiple powder days with good results.

I also ski them on mushier days. The two skis I was on this season were my slalom skis and these - about a 27mm waist width difference.
I definitely wasn’t on them on a powder day. But I was able to bounce around on the 86s on powder days out West, so good to hear the 94s do that nicely too.

Reactions: AJM

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well my new skis arrived and I may or may not have reflexively, instinctively, lovingly pet them after unboxing them. I didn't mind the topsheets at all, they're a nice teal.
My Blaze 94's arrived yesterday. They are propped up against the wall in my office where I can gaze at them for a while. The 2023 blue topsheet is actually a lovely, deep ocean blue. Much nicer than the "meh" gray of my 2021 86's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga