• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Voelkl Bridge and Sjy Goggles

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Hi Ladies,

I'm skiing today, I am supposed to meet my instructor at 9 for breakfast, though I am lying in bed right now and could easily close the computer and go back to sleep. BUT there is no way I am missing the last weekend at GAP when it has been snowing hard there for the last couple of days!

To the gear - I think I am demoing the Voelkl Bridge today at 169. As I look around for Aura's, I at least want to try *something* much wider than my Burnin's. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, I made my first SAC purchase last night. SPY goggles. I figure if they don't fit I can always gift them. I had them sent to my Washington DC office where I'll be for a few days next month.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Hi...so it's been a week but I wanted to post about the Bridge. I am not sure I am qualified to post an official gear review but I'll give my impressions. First, you must realize that my Burnin's are the only ski I've used more than once. So I have no great basis for comparision. I took both the Burnins and the Bridge (169) up the mountain so I would have the opportunity to switch it up.

I stepped into the Bridge first and thought they felt like planks! Not heavy, just wide. The 200m from the Gondola to the chairlift told me already that these skis were not twitchy and begging to turn like the Burnins. During they day we skied lots of blue (and one black) pistes that were a groomed base with pushed around light fresh snow. The Bridge had no problems with the soft mounds of snow that had built up, and certainly did not get pushed around. As for turns, I had no problem getting them on edge, but I was not able to hold a good carving turn as well - and was skidding a little bit at the apex of the turn. My instructor noticed it also. However, short turns were fine. We then headed to the powder and trees. Here is where the Bridge, not surprisingly, outshined the Burnins. They floated well and were fairly nimble. I am only just learning powder skiing, so I was not able to really test their limits.

After a few hours I was really liking the feel of the ski, and it made me feel I could plow through anything.

After a while I switched back to the Burnin's, and we did a few more carving runs. The change was evident, and my carving came back to life. For this type of skiing, I love the Luvs.

Overall I'd say I am convinced I need a wider, all-mountain/mid-fat ski for powder and for heavy snow/crud days. I am not sure the Bridge is "the one" - it will take more testing before I know. Of course, in the meantime if I find a good deal on some Auras, I will buy them whether or not I have the chance to demo :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga