• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Video

Jilly

Staff member
Today I was skiing with JB007 the Tremblant-insider (or for those of you on Epic - TJ Brk) Little did I know he was filming for the insider. I'm waiting for him and DH at the slow sign. The run is Beauvallon a green run that leads to the bottom pitch at Tremblant. So here's a link:[ame="https://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii218/tremblog/?action=view&current=SMOV0005-39.flv"]Video of 22Mar#5 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/ame]

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jill --

Is that you skiing in front of him after the slow sign???

Jilly

Staff member
Hope its enough for my level 3 this week. (We have 4 levels in the CSIA). Any comments from my PSIA sisters. Get my feet apart, and get lower in my turns??

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope its enough for my level 3 this week. (We have 4 levels in the CSIA). Any comments from my PSIA sisters. Get my feet apart, and get lower in my turns??

I wouldn't change a thing. You remind me of when I used to ski on my old straight skis... <I actually miss them, I could ski them very well! I'm still getting the hang of my new skis, but that'll have to wait until next season now!>

I wouldn't change a thing!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Nice, Jilly! I was going to ask if that had been done with a helmet cam, then I saw the shadow of his helmet at the end of the clip :smile: - looks like it was a beautiful day!! I like the short steep section at the end of the run.

Great style - and yeah, you'll probably get hounded about getting the feet apart, which is SO hard to do depending on when you hit advanced status -- some of us worked for YEARS getting our feet together. And boy, is that a hard habit to break!! DH and I are the same way.

Anyway, tons of luck, sure wish we were able to get up there yet this winter and ski w/you....maybe next year???

Jilly

Staff member
Great style - and yeah, you'll probably get hounded about getting the feet apart, which is SO hard to do depending on when you hit advanced status -- some of us worked for YEARS getting our feet together. And boy, is that a hard habit to break!! DH and I are the same way.

Anyway, tons of luck, sure wish we were able to get up there yet this winter and ski w/you....maybe next year???

That was the first thing I noticed. You think that they are apart, and the video shows it - NOT!! I'm also not low enough, but it is a green run till that last pitch. Helmet cam is a Samsung for those interested.

Next year Diva Summit 09. I'm working on it. Passport first, keep checking the Air Miles/Avion Points and then any other deal!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
That was the first thing I noticed. You think that they are apart, and the video shows it - NOT!!
Ha! Story of our lives, me & DH, same thing - and we often critique each other, then comment "gee, it sure FELT like they were separated enough!" :confused: Old habits...:rolleyes: Funny thing is, really make the effort, and the skis seems to say, "Hey, thanks!" and take off!!

Jilly

Staff member
A couple of years ago I spotted an instructor skiing on his own time. He had a bungy cord tied just above his boots. Q? - What for? A! to keep my feet apart. Bungy must be kept tight, or it falls off. Works great, but not pratical.
Since I last took this course a few things have changed, so it should be a super ski week!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A bungy cord! Now THERE'S a novel idea. No, not particularly practical, but THAT sure would work. I'm tempted to try it sometime on an easy run, just to see how lax I let it go...probably plenty...

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly,
Nice fluid skiing! Yes you do need to open your stance and get that inside foot more active.
I am not sure if Low is the movement that you should think about.
Creating angles is the key depending on intent,pitch,intensity and more.
Play around with varying width stances and tipping the skis on edge in long turns and short turns-on flats and on pitch.

Good luck!

Terry

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly,
Nice fluid skiing! Yes you do need to open your stance and get that inside foot more active.
I am not sure if Low is the movement that you should think about.
Creating angles is the key depending on intent,pitch,intensity and more.
Play around with varying width stances and tipping the skis on edge in long turns and short turns-on flats and on pitch.

Good luck!

Terry
I agree. One exercise I use to help me get my inside foot more active, get more angulation (lower), and get more separation is to bring my inside knee up to my boob on every turn. It's a weird visualization, but it really works for me and does several good things with only a single focal movement.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
GOOD LUCK today, Jilly!!

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck, Jilly. I have been hounded about that same thing. "Get those feet apart" when I'm convinced they already are. It's amazing how ingrained those old habits are. When I was a kid I worked so hard to have them as close as possible.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree. One exercise I use to help me get my inside foot more active, get more angulation (lower), and get more separation is to bring my inside knee up to my boob on every turn. It's a weird visualization, but it really works for me and does several good things with only a single focal movement.
Great visualization--it's tips like these that really stick with me. :thumbsup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga