• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vermont Vacation - rain?

newboots

Angel Diva
Help!

My daughter and I have booked a 5 day vacation at Okemo (1/22 - 25). The 10-day forecast says rain almost the whole time.

We are beginners. Looking through the forecasts, we could go to:

Whiteface

Stowe or north (Burke, Jay, the White Mountains) Bretton Woods?

maybe Sugarbush/MRG thereabouts

We had been hoping to stay a little closer to home, but we do want to ski/ride!

I'll have to keep checking the weather. Anyplace I should definitely consider for a skier on green/blue and a boarder on green? With lessons. Any of these I should rule out? I skied at Okemo last weekend and found the variety of trails wonderful! I'm not sure 4 days of skiing in the rain would be that great, though. :eek:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
that stinks it's going to rain!! okemo does make snow to hide any ice (my DH said it's going to be below zero tonight then warm up) will be praying for NO rain! I'll be back and was planning on skiing the same time!! Hopefully the weather dart is wrong and it won't Rain!!

I'd say there's not much beginner terrain at Whiteface, the lower mt is fine and some blues off the top but they are like blacks at most other mt. Lake Placid is a great town for non skiing fun all the olympic venues and you can even take a bobsled ride!
Stowe has plenty of gentle terrain and a cool town.
Jay is known more for tree skiing no town a few blues, but I was surprised at how small it is (compared to Okemo and WF)
Yes to Bretton Woods.
MRG is 'ski it if you can"
Sugarbush is a cool mt.

rain rain go away!!! maybe all this western snow will come east!!!

newboots

Angel Diva
Well, as we say in New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. Now the forecast is looking much more positive! Rain on Tuesday.
@nopoleski , we might be in luck!

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The nice thing about Bretton Woods is they have a ton of looooooongggg green cruisers that come straight down the front of the mountain. No traverses or weird hill crossing trails. Very wide, no claustrophobia.

The hotel also has the best buffet breakfast ever. They even make their own blueberry sage sausage which is out of this world.

Either way, doing the anti-rain dance!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would second Bretton Woods or Stowe out of the ones you listed if you decide to go farther north. But I do want to say that skiing in the rain is actually not nearly as bad as it sounds if you have the right gear (a good waterproof coat and snow pants). It can make for really soft fun snow and it clears out the crowds! And if it's raining, it can't be that cold out either.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Well, as we say in New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. Now the forecast is looking much more positive! Rain on Tuesday.
@nopoleski , we might be in luck!

@newboots
@nopoleskier

I will be at Okemo, the same week, but doing the Women's Alpine Adventure, but does anyone want to get together for dinner one night? I am not sure which evenings they will have organized dinner things, but the sample schedule shows free nights on Tuesday and Wednesday.

newboots

Angel Diva
Hi @Mary Tee -

What a great idea! - but for me it will be complicated. I'm staying with my daughter at the Inn at Water's Edge, and dinner is included in the package (along with lift tickets).

https://www.innatwatersedge.com/dining.html

You and @nopoleskier and anyone would be welcome to join us there! @ski diva lives near Okemo - you're welcome too, Wendy! Anyone else at Okemo 2/22 - 2/25?

We will be there Tuesday night, but we're leaving on Wednesday.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will sure try!! and @Mary Tee I'll come swoop by the ladies clinics. you'll have a ball the ladies clinics at Okemo are superb!!
Perhaps I can stay over night I'll definitely keep you posted!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Mary Tee -

What a great idea! - but for me it will be complicated. I'm staying with my daughter at the Inn at Water's Edge, and dinner is included in the package (along with lift tickets).

https://www.innatwatersedge.com/dining.html

You and @nopoleskier and anyone would be welcome to join us there! @ski diva lives near Okemo - you're welcome too, Wendy! Anyone else at Okemo 2/22 - 2/25?

We will be there Tuesday night, but we're leaving on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Florida visiting my parents that week. February Vacation Week is a good time for me to get away, since it's usually pretty busy and my pass is blacked out. Any other time, I'd certainly be game....

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Hopefully we can connect somewhere
Unfortunately, I'll be in Florida visiting my parents that week. February Vacation Week is a good time for me to get away, since it's usually pretty busy and my pass is blacked out. Any other time, I'd certainly be game....

I think you are looking at the wrong week, we are talking about next week, January 23-27... would love to meet you guys, but if it doesn't work out, see you at Elk!

newboots

Angel Diva

Okay, I screwed up! Our dates are 1/22-1/25. Not February! :doh:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
OH YES! I'll definitely be around! Tuesday night would definitely work for me.

Dinner sounds great!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Great, give me a call the beginning of the week and we can figure it out...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga