• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Vancouver Island in March - things to do apart from skiing

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello!

My mum is planning a trip to visit us in March while we're in Canada for the winter. She doesn't ski - apart from generally flat xc trails - but is extremely fit and active for her age (early 80s). The plan is for her to have a few days on Vancouver Island, then over to the Banff area for a few days, before heading to stay with us. I thought the Island was a good option because it's that more temperate so there's better odds that she'll be able to get out and travel around without there being a lot of snow on the ground. I have a few ideas for Banff (where there is obviously very likely to be snow around) but have never been to Vancouver Island - I wondered if any of the divas had been there and had any suggestions?

She's happy walking 10 to 12 miles a day with moderate hills, so if anyone knows of any companies that do guided group walks that would be perfect.

Also any recommendations about where to stay - is Victoria a good option if she's only there a few days? She would be relying on taxis and/or public transport.

TIA!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We always kayak and go whale watching. There is a rainforest trail that is amazing. Just be mindful of the bears. We had a couple of uneventful, but thought provoking encounters w/black bears on the trails. The Butchart gardens are a MUST. Victoria is wonderful. Ooooh, and the high tea at the Empress!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna