• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail Introduces "My Epic Gear"

marzNC

Angel Diva
I definitely think this is where Epic may have gotten the idea and now are trying to cut the middle man out, plus give those Epic pass holders more reason to stay at resort lodging at their own destination resorts. Win for both Epic and the resort.
Did you know that a while back Vail Resorts bought the airport company that serves the Denver airport? Canyon Mountain Express was eventually rebranded as Epic Mountain Express.

The question is, does what works in Colorado also work elsewhere?

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you know that a while back Vail Resorts bought the airport company that serves the Denver airport? Canyon Mountain Express was eventually rebranded as Epic Mountain Express.

The question is, does what works in Colorado also work elsewhere?
Whoa, they bought the entire airport...

And I think the answer is no, at least for skiing. Colorado has has more ski resorts than any other state. I think it was something like 35? It's a major driver of tourism, but that won't work as well elsewhere, even in states where skiing is a more popular winter pass time.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Whoa, they bought the entire airport...

And I think the answer is no, at least for skiing. Colorado has has more ski resorts than any other state. I think it was something like 35? It's a major driver of tourism, but that won't work as well elsewhere, even in states where skiing is a more popular winter pass time.
She means the ground transportation company with license to drop off/pickup at the airport.

I believe they operate out of their original name out of Hayden (airport near Steamboat.)

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She means the ground transportation company with license to drop off/pickup at the airport.

I believe they operate out of their original name out of Hayden (airport near Steamboat.)
Oh whoops, but thanks for clarifying!

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could totally see my in-laws using something like this. I swear they bought new skis every time they came to visit (every few years). They have now stopped skiing and I asked my husband if I could harvest a pair of bindings off one of the pairs of skis they left at our condo.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could totally see my in-laws using something like this. I swear they bought new skis every time they came to visit (every few years). They have now stopped skiing and I asked my husband if I could harvest a pair of bindings off one of the pairs of skis they left at our condo.
Good for you - recycle and re-use - as long as those bindings are not indemnified of course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna