• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah end of March?

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found a good deal for skiing the Canyons at the end of March (around the 23rd or so) . . . never been to Utah before.
Considering how the winter has gone so far, with seemingly everyone being behind in snowfall and knowing that in late spring things can start to deteriorate . . . .does anyone have any opinions on how the Canyons might be at that time (from past experiences there). Is it generally still pretty good? I'm an intermediate skier, so I'd be mostly on blues. . . .
Thx

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
According to The Canyons website, their season ended 4/11 last year -- and we had A TON more snow last year than what is trending this year.

Although I'm not too versed with The Canyons, I'd imagine that their season will end right around this day this season as well (Alta always closes somewhere around 4/20 ..... no matter what the base depth). So, if it's a good deal, you might want to go ahead and book .... you'll either have some fun Spring corn snow, or some slush.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks. I'm still thinking it over . . . .I'm so indecisive---which is why last minute planning never works for me (for me this is last minute!). I've never been to Utah and would like to give it a try . . . . .but I want to experience it for the first time when it's great and not when it's mediocre. I know it could go either way--especially this year.
I wish I could push it one week earlier, but the airfare is just too high those dates-- and this is supposed to be a more budget trip.
It's times like these I wish I had a crystal ball and could predict the weather!

snowdog

Certified Ski Diva
It could be that "mashed potatoes" type snow or it could be powder. The "Spring Gruv" with the pond skimming contest is great fun and there are free concerts. Check out Thecanyons.com for details.

jennym

Certified Ski Diva
I'm considering Spring skiing in SLC, too. I've been late March in the past couple of years and it was wonderful.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'll be at Alta April 7-12. That's the last week of the season for Alta Lodge this year. Meeting up with friends there. Two years ago for the same gathering, my daughter and I arrived in a blizzard on Wed. Got 13 inches of dry powder in 24 hours. Didn't warm up until Sat. Hoping to get lucky again. :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I've done the last week in March out there and had a great time. Canyons: vast terrain. Lower runs/elevations tend to get washed out early, but there is PLENTY higher up (and not necessarily more difficult). However "little" snow, it's all relative - certainly more than there is in the Northeast! We've had a variety of weather at that time in year, usually in the same trip. A foot of fresh one year on April 1 at Snowbird. Take a chance -- go have fun!

SnowBall

Certified Ski Diva
I went to The Canyons at end of March two years ago and it was amazing. We even got 2 feet of fresh snow in one day. I also just came back from The Canyons last night :-) It was nice and sunny the first day then it got a little icier in places the second day then we got 4" on the third. The forth day was just ideal. If it hasn't snow then stay on the north side of the resort. The south side can get a little sloppy. When it snows hit the south side first thing in the morning as many people try to start from the north side. We got fresh powder with no tracks. This information came from the local girl I talked on the lift :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga