• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Unexpected ski clothing sale

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently TJ Maxx loaded up on ski clothes, gloves, goggles, etc. I dunno if it's nationwide, but I'd kind of figure it would be. Great deals on pants, bibs, and jackets (in the women's section I saw mostly Columbia, Spyder, North Face, Roxy, Marmot), apres ski boots (Sorel, Merell, etc) gloves (Swany Toasters, etc), base layers, goggles, a few helmets. They had tons of ski stuff, and for kids, men and women. I'd never seen a dedicated ski stuff sale at a TJ Maxx-ish store before, but hey, I'm all for it.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I remember when I was shopping at Marshall's and realized they must have stocked up on Patagucci clothing... holy crap I loaded up! I didn't care if it wasn't the right size, for $9.99 for a Patagonia baselayer, I wouldn't be picky!

After that I always check the activewear section of the clearance outlets, you never know what they might have bought!

K.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Isn't that weird to find Marmot at TJ Maxx, it is not only nationwide, but they do it every year about this time. They had alot of Marmot shells here last year, when I was looking for a shell, but I already have one in perfect condition hanging in my closet. By far probablly the best shell I've ever owned, but I didn't like the way it fit in the arms. It is designed to wear much thicker base layers than I am used to wearing, or than I own, so the arms ended up being like windsocks on me. I would recomend picking one up, they are not bad jackets, just not a good fit for me personally.
If you need Patagonia, call the outlets, the one in Dillon MT does mail order, they don't have a web-site because the retail outlets in this state have such a hard time making it as it is, but if you know what you need, just call them and ask if they have it. We just got about $2k worth of stuff for about $500 from there. I feel bad not shopping at our local stores, but, I can't afford it. I know there are other outlets around, I just don't know where they are. I don't know that any of them have web-site, I think they are all call in.

Jilly

Staff member
I think I'll hit our Canadian version - Winner's - this weekend and see if that same thing is happening here!!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only thing that I need for this ski season is a new jacket and pants for my daughter. Think I will be hitting Winners also this weekend....thanks Jilly !!

PollyErrington

Diva in Training
Is it called TJ Maxx over there? In the UK we call it TK Maxx! if it's the same place? I went in there today... LOADS of cool branded ski goodies!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sniff, sniff...my nearest TJ Maxx is over 3 hours away.

We all got excited when Target opened in Montrose a few weeks ago. Finally, something other than WalMart for our shopping pleasure. :eek:

I'm pretty much stuck with paying full price (not) at the ski shops here in town, or doing online ordering, which I've been doing a LOT of in the last few weeks. (It's pretty dull here in Telluride during off season...gotta do SOMETHING other than work out in preparation for ski season which believe it or not is only three and a half weeks away here.)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it called TJ Maxx over there? In the UK we call it TK Maxx! if it's the same place? I went in there today... LOADS of cool branded ski goodies!
That is too cool!
Its interesting to hear the differences in other countries.

I Stay out of TJMax, I always spend to much in the interest of saving money when I go there!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just picked up a Marker down coat with a really fuzzy lining for $39. Got a nice TNF running shirt for $19 too... they had a load of Spyder gear but even though they were on sale I couldn't justify the money. It was a goldmine!

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marshalls! They have a poster in their window advertising ski clothing.

They have a gorgeous glamorous ski jacket that I sooooo want. I can't justify a second jacket though. :( Oh, it was pretty!

NannyMin

Banned
Just picked up a Marker down coat with a really fuzzy lining for $39. Got a nice TNF running shirt for $19 too... they had a load of Spyder gear but even though they were on sale I couldn't justify the money. It was a goldmine!

I picked up that jacket too! It is great for running around town and braving the freezing Sat morning soccor games! Brrr!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga