• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ultimate Family Skiing

Mariem

Certified Ski Diva
Hey you guys...!!

See my avatar? My kids are 27, 26, 22, and 16.5.

They all still ski with me. : - ) I only started skiing at 18, but I loved it, and made sure that all my kids started at ages 3 and 4. They still all ski, they still love it, and they still ski with me.

Life is good.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Love it, great pic! Nothing beats skiing as a family activity -- although I'm sure there may have been some "trying" times when they were all little, like 5,6,7 etc.! But lots of great memories and stories to laugh about now!! Good for you! Where do you ski in NH and vicinity?

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How wonderful!

Our kids are only 2.5 years and 7 months, but I'm looking forward to many years of skiing with them! :D

Mariem

Certified Ski Diva
Love it, great pic! Nothing beats skiing as a family activity -- although I'm sure there may have been some "trying" times when they were all little, like 5,6,7 etc.! But lots of great memories and stories to laugh about now!! Good for you! Where do you ski in NH and vicinity?

Oh, yeah..."trying times" for sure. : - ) Mostly #2 son. He's the nicest person in the world now, but as a kid he definitely suffered from "middle-child syndrome." He doesn't mind listening to the stories about his whining, etc.

#3's stories mostly involve blood and gore. The kid only knows "full-speed" and "stop." In his world, there ain't nothin' in-between, and that can be interesting!

We mostly ski Loon. We used to ski Cannon quite a bit, and we skied Bretton Woods as a relief from the crowds at Loon, but our
weekday skiing is always Loon.

: - )

Mariem

Certified Ski Diva
How wonderful!

Our kids are only 2.5 and 7 months, but I'm looking forward to many years of skiing with them! :D

My first child was born in early January, and went to what passed for daycare at the mountain 6 weeks after he was born. (He's probably your age. : - ) ) Number 2 was born 364 days later, and he accompanied his brother to the nursery as soon as the doctor told me that all was well.

Then they each went into lessons at 3.5 years and 4 years old.
Two of them raced in h.s., and the boys have all skied in Europe and out west. They still wait for mom. : - )

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first child was born in early January, and went to what passed for daycare at the mountain 6 weeks after he was born. (He's probably your age. : - ) )
Nah, you're too young to be my mom. ;)

The local hills don't have daycare so hubby and I take turns for now. But as soon as they're old enough (they have to be 4 years old for lessons or programs around here), they will most definitely be enrolled!

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My nine year old daughter skis with me, but since I didn't learn to ski until I was 28 (and she was five? six? oh geez....), I made her wait till the next year to start lessons. I told her I had to be able to at least go the direction I wanted to go without falling before I'd take her out with me! I was afraid she'd pass me up in the first year!

Now she's in her third year of lessons through the local school district (2 1/2 hour lessons, each Friday, for EIGHT WEEKS, including busing to and from the mountain, for $250... you can't really beat that!) and she's comfortable on blues and will do a few blacks in good conditions. She's still in the back seat, but I think that's mostly because her boots are too big, even though she insists they are "snug". :smile:

I really wish I had learned to ski earlier, but I'm so glad I finally did and that I can pass it on to my daughter! And I hope she's not too cool in a few years to still ski with mom! :cool:

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're going to love skiing with your kids...

Severine, get ready for the time of your life. Yes it will take some work but once you've got your kids skiing you are all going to love it!! Skiing with my kids is one of my top 3 favorite things to do.

I'm sure they are pure joy now, but when they're out on the mountain with you, it's pure fun. There's something to really look forward to!:becky:

IcyBum

Certified Ski Diva
Ah, memories....

My girls (9 and 11) love to talk and read but above all, they love to ski. Nothing gives us greater pleasure than taking them out in the cold (yep, we're talking northern Vermont) and hardpack and seeing them go for it. What good kids - though they've each had to scold me for taking them down black diamonds accidentally. Whoops! Bad mother! I'll never forget the tongue-lashing I got when one was just 8, lying on her back with head pointed down the very narrow black or double-black trail with legs spread-eagled on the trail above her...something along the lines of "this is child abuse! don't you know I am too young for this!" On the positive side, I got to teach her how to side-slip down the rest of that very steep trail just as my dad taught me to do on blue ice at Stowe many, many years ago...:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga