• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Twin Tip Advice Needed

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They probably are a little short. But I wasn't ready for the 163 in a ski as stiff as the Aura - yet. Guess I'll just have to add a longer fater ski to the quiver down the road, oh darn. :eyebrows:

mtnbikegirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking at the Missbehaved 159 or a demo pair of Nancy's 159. I rode the Nancy's and they were flexie but I liked it. I felt the Aura's were too stiff for me. I can't demo the Missbehaved so I just don't know which one I want. The Missbehaved are a bit more rockered. I just don't know.:noidea:

Nimbis

Diva in Training
How much do you want to spend? I would probably part with a pair of Armada's in the 165 length that would make a great park and all around ski. I've had armada's, k2's, salamons, and skied a bunch of others. If your looking at a PE, which I loved skiing, then you would like the Armada ski's. I personally find that the flex on a ski varies from ski to ski and one ski that seems flexy in places in a store can on the mountain ski completely different because of it's construction. Armada's ARW would be great for moguls and has a foot print that is a twin tip, but you can tell that it has some mogul heritage.

Hope it helps:smile:

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, not that I doubted you ladies for a second, but you were totally right about the PEs in a 159. I was able to borrow a friend's for a few runs and they are so much fun! :thumbsup: They turn on a dime but are still stiff and wide enough that I could point it on a groomer without getting any chatter. They had just enough flex to make the bumps and trees a breeze. The 159 was the perfect length. So as soon as my tax refund gets here I will be the proud owner of a new pair of PEs. :bounce:

Thanks for all of the advice!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Okay, not that I doubted you ladies for a second...

Hey - I think it's the right approach! Absorb the diva input, process, then make an informed choice that's right for you!

I post more questions than answers here, and even if I don't get THE solution, I get more data...that helps me find it!

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, not that I doubted you ladies for a second, but you were totally right about the PEs in a 159. I was able to borrow a friend's for a few runs and they are so much fun! :thumbsup: They turn on a dime but are still stiff and wide enough that I could point it on a groomer without getting any chatter. They had just enough flex to make the bumps and trees a breeze. The 159 was the perfect length. So as soon as my tax refund gets here I will be the proud owner of a new pair of PEs. :bounce:

Thanks for all of the advice!

Haha, you did the right thing! Trying a ski out is the way to go no matter what others say. Glad you liked them! I've had mine since about this time last season...they are so much fun because they are forgiving and easy to ski. Love them for bumps and my developing "technique." The ski pairs very well with the Solomon z10/12 if you want a light set-up...not that I'm pushing them or anything:wink:

-veggielasagna

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New Skis on the Way

I have a new pair of MissDemeanors and a pair of Solomon Z10 bindings on the way! I got out bid on the pair of PEs that I found on ebay :mad2: I figured out that my friend's PEs that I tried were the 2005 version which had an 80mm waist instead of the 85mm waist that the later PEs have. So when I found a deal on the MissDemeanors I figured what the hell, they have the same dimensions as the PEs I tried and a little extra flex will be nice in the bumps. I got the last pair of 159s that they had! :becky: And I got the bindings for $99 with free shipping! Yay new skis! :yahoo:

Loes

Certified Ski Diva
Next question is size. I'm 5'3" and weigh about 125 lbs and right now I ski a 156. I know that the twin tips will ski a bit shorter. But how much shorter? The Missdemeanors only come in a 154 or a 164. I'm thinking the 154 is going to be too short but I'm worried that a 164 is too much length if I want to use them primarily as a bump ski. Help please!

I'm 5'5" and I weigh the same as you: 125 lbs.
I got the K2 MD for 4 years now, in 164, and for me they feel great in that length! Even in the bumps, it's almost like they do the work for you :wink:
My sister (same weight and length) has got them in 168, for trying powder, and at that length they still do great in the bumps! So I won't worry that they'll be too long.

I even think that the K2 MD is a ski which you can buy a little longer, since it's very flexible and not to stiff.

My +'es:
- Fun ski, very playful. Easy to turn and versatile.
- With 164 good ski to start skiing in the park; in 168 a nice ski to start and try skiing powder
- In 164 still ok to try skiing powder (a little short, but ok).
- Very good in the bumps: turn very fast, easy to stay in the fall line, good for adjusting speed
- Good ski for ‘old style’ skiing, but also ok for carving (since I’ve learned the old style skiing, I’m still trying to figure out the whole carving)

My -'es:
- Not a good ski for racing. When skiing hard and straight, it get's a little "wobbly"
- When I just bought them, they did ok in ice. But after a few weeks intensive use, they don't do as well on ice anymore.
- The edges don't seem that hard. After a few slides there are some 'weak/ flat' spots in the edges which are difficult to repair (hence they are performing less on ice).

Loes

Certified Ski Diva
I have a new pair of MissDemeanors and a pair of Solomon Z10 bindings on the way! I got out bid on the pair of PEs that I found on ebay :mad2: I figured out that my friend's PEs that I tried were the 2005 version which had an 80mm waist instead of the 85mm waist that the later PEs have. So when I found a deal on the MissDemeanors I figured what the hell, they have the same dimensions as the PEs I tried and a little extra flex will be nice in the bumps. I got the last pair of 159s that they had! :becky: And I got the bindings for $99 with free shipping! Yay new skis! :yahoo:

Congrats!

Haha, I just finished my post, before I read this!

Enjoy your MD's :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga