• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Trip Report Chaeserrugg - Switzerland

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did only one hiking tour this year. We (myself and Anita my love) went to the east of Switzerland. We went up to Chaeserrugg with the help of a cable car und a gondola. The hiked along the crest and then after a picknick we hiked downwards to the car park. As usual I got problems with my knees and so more than 1/2 of the hike was rather painful for myself.
I also had big problems with vertigo. From the top you can see the valley floor down below (thats more than a mile). But in the end we had a good time and the views where just fantastic.

On the way down ... no I'm not going up ...
DSCN0728.jpg

Panoramic view with the Walensee lake.
DSCN0700.jpg

View of the Rhine valley. to the other side of Chaeserrugg.
DSCN0618.jpg

Top of Chaeserrugg Gondola
DSCN0667.jpg

Chaesserrugg from the station below... we will hike down to the right side along the crest.
DSCN0609.jpg

All pictures can be found under the following link.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v83/missyd/Hiking Chaeserrugg 2011/?start=all

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're right ... it was much much steeper than we expected ... !!!!
But the scenery is so fantastic that it was worth all the pains and efforts we made! :D

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonderful, wonderful pics!!

I have to get over one summer to do some walking in the Alps. Your pics are so inspiring missyd!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna