• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR - Mt. Snow 12-16

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We drove up to Mt. Snow Friday afternoon so we could get an early start on Saturday. It was cold - about 5 degrees at 8 am, and it didn't get warmer than 10 all day. It was mainly sunny, with a few high clouds moving in during the afternoon.
This was our first day at the mountain since it changed ownership. We had heard lots of good things about the increased snow making efforts, and sure enough, there was pretty decent coverage.
There were several runs open on North Face, but only two of them were without rocks, pebbles etc, so we stuck to those. By lunchtime, they were pretty scraped off, but that's often the case on that side of the mountain.
Sunbrook was also open for the first time, and their big cruiser, Snowdance wasn't bad either.
Now that they have the snowmaking thing down, they should focus their attention on the lifts. The main lift to the summit was constantly stopping, causing huge backups and long liftlines. It does not seem as though improvements have been made to any of the lifts, some of which are ridiculously old and slow.
It was "free demo day" Saturday, and my ski buddies tried a few skis, but I was still getting used to a new pair, and decided to stick with those. Also, it was too darned cold to stand around at the base!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I was up there this weekend as well, and have no complaints. They're essentially 100% open, which is CRAZY for this early in the season. I love it.

The lifts on the main face were having some issues, but we just went over to Carinthia and skiied off the Nitro lift, which had no lines at all. The stuff over there isn't that exciting, but the trees to skier's left of Nitro are open, and those are really, really fun. We spent a lot of time in there.

Also: ALL of their trees are open. The stuff next to Nitro, the stuff far far skier's left off the Canyon quad, and the stuff far far skier's left on the North Face. All open, all with great snow. We essentially spent all weekend in the trees, which gave us a nice break from the wind, too.

Bonus: it snowed about 6" overnight Saturday-Sunday. What a morning.

In conclusion: I continue to be in love with the 07-08 season. I've never done this much good skiing before Christmas, ever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga