• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Toe Injury from Ski Boots

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very surprised to read that they would not stay on... They sit pretty firmly. I could not see a chance for them to slip off.
I bought different sizes, larger and smaller. Also used them for my inline skating, same problem hurting the toes.
Ah, maybe they were too big then!

newbieM

Angel Diva
How do your toes look?
I’m not an expert, but any chance you suffered frostbite?
What does that look like?

Today they look normal but they hurt to touch.

It wasn’t that cold out and I didn’t get buried too much in snow. I do have not the greatest circulation because I have crazy low blood pressure but I think it’s mostly my boots and complicated food structure causing havoc.

Jilly

Staff member
You've posted in a couple of thread about your boots. From what I've read and my years of experience, you did not see a boot fitter. You were sold a boot.

So lets get you on track. You need to see a qualified boot fitter. If you're travelling to ski, why not book for Tahoe and go see @SnowHot . Hopefully she can make the current boot work with some modifications. Check with her, as I know there are some trips coming up for her and Ski Talk.

newbieM

Angel Diva
You've posted in a couple of thread about your boots. From what I've read and my years of experience, you did not see a boot fitter. You were sold a boot.

So lets get you on track. You need to see a qualified boot fitter. If you're travelling to ski, why not book for Tahoe and go see @SnowHot . Hopefully she can make the current boot work with some modifications. Check with her, as I know there are some trips coming up for her and Ski Talk.
I purchased these with a boot fitter (she actually ended up having me get a boot from another store because she didn’t have the one that would fit me best) mid season last year so I’ve only skied on them a handful of times and she has tweaked them a but each time. She was reluctant to make too many modifications without me seeing on them more and breaking them in.

I will definitely try and go back to see her. The main issue is she’s booked out for a while, and I should’ve probably booked a session with her as soon as I booked my flights. I definitely need a tweak with the toes and the front of my ankle. I marked my spots on my foot yesterday and took some pictures so I could email her.

I can try to go to Tahoe. I’ve never been but I don’t think my car can make it up there but maybe I can figure out a drive. I would love to see @SnowHot and get her hot take on my complicated feet since her expertise seems amazing!!. But that may be out of my ability but maybe closer to the spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna