• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

today's steeze.....

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
along the lines of the white TNF jacket, these just accidentally fell onto my head and followed me home. Well, maybe not exactly.

I have one pair of scratched up Uvex goggles that fit with my helmet. So when I was in the shop yesterday I asked about the Smith Anthem and Heiress that everyone here loves. Then when I was done drooling at that case, I was steered to the Oakley case, where I met my true love:

Aframe-Text-HI-Yello.jpg

yellow lens for the low light we often have here at Gunstock. I don't know if I'll just get a clear lens for this frame or get a second set with a clear lens. And then maybe a mirrored....and then.....

maybe not. We'll see how these hold up before I get any others.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Nice! What's the model? Can't beat Oakley lenses (IMHO for sunglasses), or so I've heard. I have trouble with women's styles, too narrow for me (big head). But interested in hearing how you like the lens, as I'm curious, don't have yellow, wondering if better than persimmon and some of the others touted for low light. Mountains here are DARK in mid-winter by 1 p.m., til after 2/15 (and counting...happens every year, same date).

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is that the A-Frame? I have the light blue frame with the yellow lense for night racing. My other goggles are the Stockholms.....if you haven't tried this one yet, give it a shot too. I find they both fit my face fairly well but the Stockholms fit with my helmet much better.

MSL - definitely give the HI yellow lense a try. That's what we use for night racing and skiing. They're not very good on bluebird days, but your eyes adjust to the shadows better on cloudy days in the yellow than in the persimmon (I have the persimmon and the dark irridium in my Stockholms).

Jilly

Staff member
Geez VG you're good. Oakely A frames in Oakley print. Not good being friends with the Oakley rep! I do own a pair of Maui Jims. But I do have about 4 pairs of Oakley sunglasses and 2 pairs of goggles.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The A-Frames always get a great review; people love them, but they just don't fit my face. I just picked up a pair of Stockholms with the yellow lens on Tramdock, and they seem to fit my face much better. I also just got a pair of Bolle Simmer goggles with the vermillion lenses, and I like them, too.

17478_bolel_20256_simmer.jpg

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yep, those are the A Frame. I've always been partial to Oakley sunglasses, using yellow for low light, clear, rose, and persimmon when called for. I should have just figured on the same set up for goggles.

So I hit the hill at 4PM today, figuring I'd catch the fading rays and then the overhead lights. It was weird that they waited as long as they did to actually turn on the lights. I was about ready to leave when they did finally come on.

The goggles were amazing. Nice definition, good peripheral vision, and no fogging. I do not regret getting these at all. I'll probably get around to picking up more with different lenses before the season ends. We don't seem to have a lot of sunny days at Gunstock, and even when it IS sunny, there are a lot of shadows.

along these lines.....this is the jacket I ordered last week. It was waiting for me when I got home after Diva Day:
1553_4492.jpg

I've had at least one person ask me where I got every day that I've worn it. The green is nicer in real life than in the picture. It is nice and soft, comfortable, warm, and has a ton of pockets. Has a removable snow skirt, removable hood, pit vents, and the vest can be worn zipped in or not zipped in.

I think I'm all shopped out for now. Time to put the mileage on what I have!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I have that same pattern in the Crowbar. The yellow lens is perfect for low light or night skiing; I don't think you'll need a clear lens.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Swamp Dog, what IS that jacket? I LOVE it! I definitely need to keep an eye out and see if it comes back up!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Swamp Dog, what IS that jacket? I LOVE it! I definitely need to keep an eye out and see if it comes back up!

it is the Marmot Traverse Component Jacket. I love it! I found it on Tramdock last week so keep your eyes peeled!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have that same pattern in the Crowbar. The yellow lens is perfect for low light or night skiing; I don't think you'll need a clear lens.

what's the difference between the Crowbar and the A Frame? Or the O Frame for that matter? So many choices. I'd like to get a new pair for DS.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe the Crowbar has a more spherical lens and the O-Frame is a single lens?

I found the Crowbar to be too wide across the head and the O-Frame to come down too low on my cheekbones. Neither worked with my youth size small helmet, either :redface:.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe the Crowbar has a more spherical lens and the O-Frame is a single lens?

I found the Crowbar to be too wide across the head and the O-Frame to come down too low on my cheekbones. Neither worked with my youth size small helmet, either :redface:.

that's good to know, thanks.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it is the Marmot Traverse Component Jacket. I love it! I found it on Tramdock last week so keep your eyes peeled!

Hey, I have that jacket too! (Except in black).

I bought mine last year from Altrec, and have been loving it. The inner jacket (liner) makes a nice apres ski jacket for warmer days. I wear both together for cold days out on the slopes. Waterproof and comfortable, and holding up well! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga