• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tips for first time demoers

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Make your demo time count using these tips:

1. Go here (post #15) to download and print the Demo Report Card. Stick a bunch in your pocket and fill them out on the lift or during your ski swap binding adjustment period. You WILL forget anything you don't write down right away, and the skis will all start to blur into one another as the day goes on. Or....use a pocket recorder or even the voice recorder on your phone.
  2. Don't just take out one pair and stay on them. Try as many as you possibly can, as quick as you can.
  3. Don't limit yourself to a list of skis. Try different brands, different levels, mens, womens, twins, whatever. You may be pleasantly surprised by something you had no plans of even trying!
  4. Do the same runs with each ski. Pick a variety of speeds, turn sizes, and terrain, then run each ski through the same series. Keep in mind what conditions you're buying the ski for, too.
  5. Don't be swayed by graphics!
  6. If at all possible, try different lengths of your favorites. As little as 5cm CAN make a huge difference in the way a ski behaves for you.
Lastly, but most importantly, smile and have fun!!!!:becky:

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for these tips! I will keep these in mind (and the report cards on hand) when I go to demo this season!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
This is very timely...I actually want to "demo" my own 4 skis to have a real comparison of them! That'll be a good introduction to demoeing. I'll have a couple of days skiing alone in late December...I can do it then on my home mountain. As a novice reviewer, I'll welcome any feedback on my first reviews...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga