• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

This is apparently what happens...

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
... when you set me loose in a pre-season tent sale. :embarrassed: Although, DH said I could place the blame for the plaid jacket on him. He was the one who pointed it out to me.

Attachments

• WP_000175.jpg
    WP_000175.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 79

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Love the jacket!

(Boy, am I glad I stayed away from the tent sales this weekend! :wink:)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, that was all purchased at Dieter's. :smile: I intended to just look for some extra base layers, and maybe some socks. Since we're going to Okemo and Killington, I figured I'd need a few more pairs for 4 straight days of skiing. Seems responsible enough, right? But then DH pointed out the jacket. The pretty, pretty jacket I had been eyeing when I went for my bootfitting last year. It was half off, and they had it in a size that fit. And then I saw the discounted helmets. And I did have that collision last year, so I figured maybe I should consider a new helmet. Meanwhile, DH was all responsible and only purchased a new vest and base layer.

sperks

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Retail therapy is good for you even better when DH approves and even better bargains well done

MissySki

Angel Diva
Are you itching to ski even more now with all of that stuff lying around?? :smile: I was in my boots at the bootfitter for some tweaks yesterday, and it made my yearning to ski even worse! :ski:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Retail therapy is great! Retail therapy at this time of year, when the paycheques increase since the deductions are done, is even better. A MEC boutique just opened a few blocks from my apartment, so I think I will be succumbing soon.

Nice jacket, by the way!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The dangerous and scary part is that Buckman's has yet to have their tent sale, and Burton, Marmot, and Athleta recently opened (or are opening?) stores near me. Not counting the Spyder outlet we already have near us. Oh gosh... :fear:

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited about my new jacket. It was totally a sign that the jacket was still there waiting for me. :wink: And such a good husband too!

Jilly

Staff member
A MEC boutique just opened a few blocks from my apartment, so I think I will be succumbing soon.
That would be sooooooo bad for me. Lizzy and I are heading to Ottawa to do a road trip next Saturday. MEC, Sail, and maybe the new Marshalls. Don't think enough time for Ikea, but it is on the way out! We have to be back for supper???

EnglishSnowflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cute jacket! Loving the bright purple cuff inners especially :becky:

DH and I spent 2hrs in the gear store on Sunday drawing up our shortlist for this year! Going back Saturday morning for my boot fitting and the end of the month for the rest :eyebrows:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know shopping for ski stuff is filling the void of skiing when...

You tell your husband to pick you up some base layers at the local tent sale, only to later realize you ordered some from Patagonia last year and now you have more base layers than you know what to do with.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tinymoose, the jacket is really cute! :smile: Good purchase! I now have 3 skis jackets and 3 pairs of ski pants. Does that make me jacket/pant slut? :laugh: The last one I bough a fee weeks ago before my dissertation defense b/c I needed stress relief :wink: and I told myself that I will wear as a fall jacket, cause it's not as warm as the other 2 and I can wear it to work, because it looks like a blazer and goes with work clothes. :smile:
50515.Color.Softgoods_Academy_Image.jpg

I tell myself that all the different jackets and pants are for different weather conditions warmer, colder, the coldest. :smile:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Olesya, heck no you aren't a jacket/pants slut. lol I have 2 pairs of pants (shells), and 3 jackets (1 insulated - the plaid one, plus 2 other shells).

I like the blue jacket? What brand is that?

Jilly

Staff member
Lizzy and I hit the sales rep sale yesterday in Ottawa. She got Helly Hansen shirt for her DH and Lole scarf. I got an Obermeyer ski jacket for my DH, a baseball cap (Old guys rule!) and a Lole scarf too! So we did well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna