• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: The unicorn of skiing - a goggle for flat light. Does it exist?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I’m following too. I have a really small head/face which makes finding gogs a PIA on a good day. I have the Smith Virtue (and another pair or two that are less comfortable) and haven’t found the perfect lens yet. I sail with polarized sunglasses which makes it easier to see the wind on the water. I’ve wondered why there aren’t pulverized goggles. In the spring I will wear my sunglasses on the slopes. But when it’s cold I want the extra insulation.
I love my Smith virtue, but it's too hard for me to change the lens. I just got a great deal on giro eave. I will let you know how their storm lens is....

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
My Prism Rose lenses worked well today again, no fogging. I have no difficulty change lenses when necessary. And you can't beat the visibility (in my experience)

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love my Smith virtue, but it's too hard for me to change the lens. I just got a great deal on giro eave. I will let you know how their storm lens is....
Ok, skied Killington yesterday and I switched out to a low light lens on my new Giro Eave goggles. Super easy and about 2 seconds to change. I had some moisture at the top of the lens, and some fogging if I pulled up my neck gator on the lifts. Like my Smiths better except these Giro do have a much larger view/google.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone have a pair of Smith IOS frames they aren't using anymore? The adjusting clip on mine broke off yesterday and I can't adjust it anymore. I have a fortune in IOS lenses and the goggles are discontinued. PM me please.

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Smith Virtues as well & my latest trick is to blast the frame with a hairdryer for a minute before popping in new lenses - it softens up it up enough that it gets easier to put the new lenses in. No doubt this is shortening the life of my goggles but so does getting my fingers all over the lenses as I grapple with them and try to get that finicky rubber rim onto the little slots.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone have a pair of Smith IOS frames they aren't using anymore? The adjusting clip on mine broke off yesterday and I can't adjust it anymore. I have a fortune in IOS lenses and the goggles are discontinued. PM me please.

Once again, Smith Optics comes through with absolutely superior customer service. They are sending out a new clip for the strap, but in case it doesn't work, they also offered to send me a new frame. No charge.

Good Customer Service MUST be acknowledged.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Once again, Smith Optics comes through with absolutely superior customer service. They are sending out a new clip for the strap, but in case it doesn't work, they also offered to send me a new frame. No charge.

Good Customer Service MUST be acknowledged.
I agree. That's wonderful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna