• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Maine Event

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, this is getting almost unimaginable. Another 8-12" for the mountains region starting tonight into tomorrow. Latest official season total as posted and e-mailed from Saddleback is 211" - of course, we've had a few less than snow events, but things otherwise are ---- CRAZY. Sugarloaf is reporting 100% open, including back snowfields and upper limits of the front side. Sunday River reports all named glades open. Sugarloaf is boundary to boundary, everything is fair game between named runs, including non-named glades (ah, the secret stashes).

Temperatures will be warming into tomorrow morning, so this means what falls will be somewhat on the heavy side - but who knows? If so, this is definitely time to start working on the pow technique! (only intermittently required in New England)

To all who may be traveling in the northern New England region starting tonight, be careful out there. We're gonna get hit AGAIN!
:snow: :snow: :snow:

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's snowing here again in Cleveland too.

To all of you New England Diva's... Be safe out there. I know we all love the snow, as its great to skiing, but driving in it isn't always as much fun! I know my lil' civic gets blown around in the wind! <good for gas mileage, not much else!>
:snow:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hear ya-----it's one of the reasons that Maine has a Nov 1-May 1 season for studded snow tires (which REALLY make a difference). They do incredible damage to the roads, but the alternative - accidents - is way worse. The studded snow tires, mounted on wheels (so we just change out wheels twice a year - much easier) were actually a most romantic and cuddly Xmas gift to me by DH a couple of years ago -- at the time, I thought
--- and now? :yahoo: - neither of us ever picks the SUV w/snows anymore - it's the Suby with studs!! Next year: 4 for the SUV!!

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You gotta love those practical gifts! I love my jewelry, but I love practical more <I got a crockpot for christmas... ha ha... a blender for valentines day...it's pretty much the norm now!>.

Years ago we used to chain our tires in Ohio... then Ohio banned them. We don't seem to get as much snow as we used to, so it's okay I guess. When I was a kid, we always had snow in the winter. Now it seems like we get one or two good dumps and then thats it. And it seems to be moving later and later into the season. No snow for Christmas is now the norm, a little in January, and lots in February. Who told ol' man winter to push it up a few months??

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^ Global warming?? :rolleyes: Seems to have affected the types of winters in the Midwest quite a bit. This year, farther north Midwest has gotten much more than they are (now) used to. I get all these e-mails from all the winter-whiner family and friends talking about the awful 6+" snowstorms they have to endure and how it takes them 2 hours to get home in ALL THAT SNOW, woe is us.

I basically reply with a photo of my front yard.

Ha, 6". Doesn't even slow things down around here. This is my 7th winter in NE. About 3 of them have been light to okay, nothing serious. Several have been intermittently big. This one is on record pace. We are all standing up and cheering!! The Maine winter recreational economy is SOOOOO dependent on good snow, and they've had some bust seasons recently. NOT THIS YEAR.

BRING IT ON! :snow:

It will be in the high 50's low 60's in Denver this weekend! SUNNY! No snow here....until Monday! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga