• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Lucky Aspen Trip

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those if you who don’t enter raffles, well, I’m torn between telling you to enter and keep my own odds better.

Here’s the view from my room at Aspen Square Condominium Hotel. I’m tempted to go get a few runs in before the lifts stop spinning, but I only got a few hours of sleep last night, so maybe better to wait until morning when I’m fully rested.

Attachments

• 48070936-027A-4F53-8A4F-E1E7AD078F99.jpeg
    48070936-027A-4F53-8A4F-E1E7AD078F99.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 27

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Always worth a try! We won a night at Camelback lodge at the season pass party raffle last year and are using it this week!

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As the lucky companion, I’ll add my bit. Was a looong ride in (19 hrs door to door). We circled Aspen airport and attempted to land a few times but a storm had moved in. Luckily Diymom arrived just before the clouds. I headed back to Denver after the pilot announced we were running out of fuel, and promised we’d get booked on the next flight. Well the next 3 were canceled. I managed to get the last seat on a shuttle bus and it was quite the ride. Would love to see that drive during the day. Next time I would 100% drive or shuttle from Denver. Got in super late but Diymom had made arrangements with the desk so I had a key. She even snagged me some grapes and cheese - a beer too! It was a bit of a downer to miss my meet and greet with her (since I arrived when she was sleeping) although I did wake her up lumbering in the room, but at least I saved a ski day.

Day one:As noted above the hotel backed onto Durant st which has the Silver Queen gondola on Ajax (Aspen Mtn) views below. I rented skis from Stapleton skis around the corner. Skis were Elan Ripsticks 96 and K2 Mindbender 88ti. (Will review) so we started with Aspen Proper, and did a top to bottom lap on blue runs copper, copper bowl, Kleenex corner and little nell. Certain pitches on the blues were steeper than the average blue. I can usually tell when my pole is touching the snow and going uphill beside me! These groomers are perfect for tipping and ripping down. I ended up trading the ripsticks for a stiffer ski as they were chattering a lot at speed. We sampled every blue to be had, enjoyed some bumps and freshies on the sides too. But because I wanted to switch skis we decided since we were already in town to take the bus to highlands.
As expected Highlands was gnarly! Looking down at some of the terrain from the lift made my legs feel weak - something that has rarely happened to me, even staring down at the top of couloir. We had discussed what we wanted to do and it was decided to seek fun runs and nothing to crazy. Me being out with my babies at home I was all about self preservation! The blues have gorgeous views, great pitches, and even a cat track that was like skiing on...as diy put it “glitter” the sparkliest snow I’ve seen! Spots of pow were so light, and we found em, even on day 2! We stopped in cloud nine alpine bistro and then headed to merry go round for a great lunch. Back on skis the place was practically ours. Rarely did we see another skier. Skied right on the lifts each time which allowed for so many runs! I felt so free to do the biggest fastest GS turns I would muster without worrying about other skiers. More to come...

Attachments

• BDCFBD4D-B314-4741-927A-CEE9E35A30A8.jpeg
    BDCFBD4D-B314-4741-927A-CEE9E35A30A8.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 10
  • F737D1C2-B3E9-434C-8FBE-DD4B11EF83FF.jpeg
    F737D1C2-B3E9-434C-8FBE-DD4B11EF83FF.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member