• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The leaves are starting to turn.... when does your season begin?

Just returned from a wonderful weekend of camping in Southern VT where I saw patches of red and gold leaves and bundled up on cool nights. Mums are growing, apples are being harvested, and ski and snowboard shops are stocking up.

Whoo hoo! :dance:

Conditions permitting, my season will begin on Tuesday, December 2 at Okemo. For the rest of you Northern hemisphere Divas, when does your season begin?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year Arapahoe Basin opened on October 12th! I didn't go up until November 4th due to scheduling issues and trying to avoid the white ribbon of death but it was open.

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The season started mid November last year. Think it will be around the same this year, all depending on when we get snow. Crossing fingers for loads of snow in November and December.

C

CMCM

It has been quite mild this summer. Acorns are falling already, so my fingers are crossed for an early winter. I'm hoping for low enough temps to aid snowmaking at our nearest resort (46 miles away) so I can at least hit the slopes in early November. Or earlier! :laugh:

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here in Ohio it's a crapshoot....pardon the expression, but it really depends. Last year it was very mild in November and December, and we weren't really getting any decent temps or snow until January. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year.

Most of our snow came in February, and continued into March.
They had enough snow and cold to work with in January to make snow, but the freshies that came after Valentines day made for much better skiing....so we shall see.

I fear we are losing a good part of our Winter. I'm in Northeastern Ohio, so that is very sad. I think it's cyclical though. There were times when I was a kid that we wore shorts on Christmas day, to times it snowed from Halloween to Easter. One can never tell.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The maples are turning up here in western Maine. Birches are fading fast. Reason for early colors in maples is probably due to soil saturation: their roots are WAY wet.

Season starts on/around Veterans Day/weekend closest to it around here, early storms notwithstanding. In 10/05, a freak 4 footer hit Pinkham Notch, NH. Wildcat opened up for 3 (or was it 4?) days, pre-Halloween. It was wild: skiing at a time when leaves were still on some trees! :smile: It didn't last much beyond those 3 days, but it drew skiers from at least 6 states!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just returned from a wonderful weekend of camping in Southern VT where I saw patches of red and gold leaves and bundled up on cool nights.

This is true -- there are a few trees that are already beginning to turn. It definitely looks like the beginning of the end for summer.

Last season I started skiing mid-November; that's only 2-1/2 months away!!!! Let's hope for another stellar season. :snow:

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant is suppose to be the middle of November too. We take over the condo Nov 15th, so hopefully soon after we're on snow. If conditions are good, I'll be trying those new conquerers!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If there is natural snow to go with the man made snow, then I will ski Abasin the first opening week. (whenever that is!)

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
November 17th, 07 was my first day last year, hopefully it will be mid-November again this coming season! :ski2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna