• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The East Coast Whine Thread

I have come to realize that I am more likely to go ski the solo trail open at a resort in October or November then I am in mid/end of May. I think its because in early season I'm chomping at the bit to ski so am less picky and just want to get out there. When mid May rolls around I'm tired from skiing every weekend for 6 months and I just get pickier so 1 trail doesn't interest me, especially when the view from the web cam really isn't looking that spectacular. However, to each their own right.

Rock skis are coming out of storage in early October, bulk tickets for Killington purchased through my ski club and weather permitting I will be at Killington in October and early November until Mount Snow opens up.

However, until then I am out of my winter's over depression, am loving the temps in the 50's and 60's, am in full open toes shoes mode. Temps will be near 80 next week and the side window panels are coming off the Jeep. Bring on summer. Of course this will be until the stupid humid weather comes and then you'll find me inside hugging the air conditioners counting the days until the fabulously cool weather of fall.

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied the past 3 days at Killington. It was very challenging and fun bump skiing. I managed to ski for 14 hours over the 24 hours they were open and my legs are feeling it. I don't get bored with only. one trail for a bunch of reasons but mostly because it's huge moguls and I know many of the people skiing. It looks like Killington will be open Memorial Day weekend to overlap skiing and mountain biking. There is talk of trying for June but with how warm it's supposed to get I think that will be a challenge. I suspect that parts of superstar will remain skiable for at least a few weeks after they close. Beware the black flys. I got bit putting my boots on on Saturday.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone is interested in the story behind Mad River Glen's famous Ski The Patches snow report, go here. I interviewed the mountain's marketing director for my blog this week.

If anyone is interested in the story behind Mad River Glen's famous Ski The Patches snow report, go here. I interviewed the mountain's marketing director for my blog this week.

Great interview, love the video. I've never skied MRG but the their great attitude and necessary sense of humor really makes me want to give them a whirl. I love it "ski the patch" if you can

:rotf:

That was seriously what my day 1 of on snow training was like before I was hired as an instructor. They blew snow, much of it melted and patches remained and we had training on the patches. Snowboarders on one patch, skiers on the other.....

Well time to play Auld Lang Syne as this is the lower third of Superstar at Killington so its a wrap folks. Had a nice chat with the bartender at the Long Trail Inn at Killington yesterday as we stopped there for dinner. I signed off on Killington a month ago when things got dodgey but we were in the area so it was nice to be around the mountain. Definitely looking forward to spending more time here next season. Time to focus on that pesky thing called summer until fall happiness begins.

1464725315594_640x360.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna