• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Best Skiing in North America WSJ artcle

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The slideshow pics are terrific. I'd always heard what a stunning spot that it. Now I want to go there myself.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ear muffs.....does anyone wear ear muffs? And they cost $935????

What am I missing here?

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ear muffs.....does anyone wear ear muffs? And they cost $935????

What am I missing here?

I wear ear muffs all the time when I'm not skiing, and I have a pair that are mink too. Bought them in Quebec for well under $100. Leopard print is cool, but not $1000 worth of cool. Also, I can't figure out how these LV ear muffs go on - they look like they're on some kind of ribbon.

Bizarre...as is the $2,350 jacket. I am willing to bet tht this jacket is not available in a size larger than 8, and that the 8s are marked "XL".

The Sorels are cute, though...and they look like they'd solve the problems of whoever that was here who wrote in looking for cute waterproof apres-ski boots.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear ear muffs all the time when I'm not skiing, and I have a pair that are mink too. Bought them in Quebec for well under $100. Leopard print is cool, but not $1000 worth of cool. Also, I can't figure out how these LV ear muffs go on - they look like they're on some kind of ribbon.

Bizarre...as is the $2,350 jacket. I am willing to bet tht this jacket is not available in a size larger than 8, and that the 8s are marked "XL".

The Sorels are cute, though...and they look like they'd solve the problems of whoever that was here who wrote in looking for cute waterproof apres-ski boots.

When we were in NYC before Christmas there were lots of ear muffs - but that was in Manhattan!

I think you are 100 gazillion percent accurate in your sizing estimate of that jacket. When I've seen manufacturers mark a 14 as "XL" I think what planet are they on anyway? If anyone has seen "Snow" magazine - well, that's pretty much their whole editorial stance. Look pretty in wowsa surroundings.

And yes, the Sorels are great boots, they almost seem out of place in the lineup!

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually have TWO pair of those Sorels, one brown, the other the traditional Sorel tan. Bought them pro-form last winter. They were my "go to work" and "go out" boots. The heels weren't as sturdy as the original Cariboos and wore out pretty fast.
This year, I bought "up" and got a pair of the Sorel "Cate the Great" boots. Now, THOSE are stylin' boots. I felt right at home with the Sundance crowd on Main Street:cool: My jeans fit comfortably down inside them. I get tons of complements on them - at $200, I had better get them!!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
All those cool items to wear and no helmets!!! Though there is a helmet sidebar.

And a white jacket really helps you blend in when powder skiing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna