• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The American-Airlines-Lost-My-Skis Blues.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My incident with Delta was not lost luggage, but my wedding dress. Bought in Czech Republic. Boarded Prague with dress on hanger/bag. No problem. Even got crew/pilot applause when we de-boarded as they handed dress to us.

Next flight: Philadelphia to SLC. Purse, laptop, dress. Rude and hostile attendant refused to let me board with the dress. insisted I check dress, purse, or laptop. Several nice businessmen offered to carry dress on for me (some people are so wonderful), but they were accused by angry attendant of offering to accept items from strangers. So, stuffed purse in dress bag (which tore) and then took purse out of bag on jetway.

I complained to Delta customer service that crews had totally different policy positions on this and consistency would be appreciated.

An apology and miles were provided in return for my troubles.

Artis

Certified Ski Diva
This is my worst nightmare! Happy you got them back though, KLM once lost my suitcase but it was on a beach vacation and I had my swimsuit in the carry-on so it wasn't too bad. After two days the bag arrived at our hotel.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy you got your stuff back. I have sort of a weird question. When a friend of mine lost her luggage last summer she borrowed bras from a woman traveling in her group. Is this a common thing to do? I would never think of trying this.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hate airlines and hate flying with skis for this very reason. I'm sorry this happened to you guys. In the end I guess it's nice you got your skis as well as some demos and new clothing BUT how much time and stress did that cost you? Ugh. Last week everyone I talked to was shocked I drove from San Diego to Tahoe but this type of stuff is exactly why I opted for 9 hours in the car.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Coda to my saga: the airline is giving me a travel certificate. Not sure if this only can be used on a fare purchase or if it can also be used for the fees that come with using miles. Maybe I can use it for a seat upgrade. They were relatively responsive, but my message was also pithy (1000 characters max!) and cranky.

mustski

Angel Diva
Last week everyone I talked to was shocked I drove from San Diego to Tahoe but this type of stuff is exactly why I opted for 9 hours in the car.
Most of the time, we drive now. By the time you factor in the time spent driving to the airport, arriving 2 hours before your flight, time on the airplane including boarding and waiting to deplane, and waiting to retrieve luggage ... it's almost the same as driving to Tahoe. It is the same as driving to Mammoth so we stop there on the way for a couple of days. We're heading back to CO in March and we decided to drive.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
In fact tweet something along the lines of American Airlines lost our skis ... more info on blog next week.
Happened a few years ago to Canadian musician Dave Carroll.
This is what he did:
Totally viral, 1 million views in 3 days. Awesome.
Got to meet him locally a few years later. :smile:
Cute - he sang it : )
GOOD LUCK. MEDIA WORKS!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to post an update . We've already received compensation from American Airlines for everything we spent to cover our losses until our luggage showed up, as well as two travel vouchers for all our aggravation.

PLUS: we'd purchased travel insurance from Allianz -- which I highly recommend -- and received an amount from them under the Baggage Delay benefit.

So all's well that ends well! I'm gratified that it worked out in such a positive and timely manner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna