• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ten new ski resorts (re)opened in '22-'23

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Did you know that 10 ski resorts (re)opened last season? Which is great, considering that three closed down (Frost Fire in North Dakota, Birch Hill Ski & Snowboard in Alaska, and Locust Lake Village Ski Hill in Pennsylvania). So a net gain of 7, and a total of 480 open areas in '22-'23.

For this coming season, we already know that Black Mountain in NH, one of the oldest ski resorts in the country, won't be opening. Which is too bad.

Here are the ten that re-opened:

Cedar Pass, CA
Cloudmont Ski & Gold, AL
Cranor Ski Hill, CO
Granite Gorge Ski Area, NH
Mt Waterman, CA
Plumas-Eureka Ski Bowl, CA
Steeplechase Ski & Snowboard, MN
Tenney Mountain, NH
Thrill Hill, ND
Tower Mountain, MI

Anyone ski at any of them?

Last edited:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did not know that.
It will be interesting to see if we can ski any of them in the coming season.
Thanks for posting this.

alr

Certified Ski Diva
I have been skiing at Tenney Mountain 4x this season, and plan to go again tomorrow. I love the no-frills and friendly vibe. The runs have been well maintained and they have done a great job with snow making. I have not waited in a line any of the days I have been there (all on weekends). The weekend lift ticket cost is only $65. The runs are old-school New England style I am told, they are narrow and meander. Most of the terrain is Blue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga