• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Telluride here I come

jenxtremeski

Certified Ski Diva
I will be in Telluride this coming thursday through Sunday. Any tips for the town and anyone willing to give up the good stashes on the mountain?

jenxtremeski:ski2: :ski2: :ski2: :ski2: :ski2: :ski2: :ski2:

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As my screen name implies, I live in Telluride. You are coming at an awesome time...we've had epic snow this winter, and the sun is shining this week with temps in the 40s...perfect Spring skiing conditions.

Where are you staying? I hope in town rather than Mountain Village. What sort of "lowdown" would you like? Places to eat, things to do (not that skiing won't occupy all of your time :D )? Let me know.

Also, as far as the mountain is concerned, let me know what kind of skier you are and I'll direct you towards runs. The one thing I can tell you is that we are famous for having virtually no lift lines. We're spoiled beyond compare that way...

jenxtremeski

Certified Ski Diva
Telluride here I come.

Hi, thanks for replying to my post. I did get a condo in the mountain village. I plan on eating "in" for the most part. My son has a mogul competition Sat & Sun. I consider myself advanced to expert in the skiing and heard your mountain is gnarly. I live near Aspen and we also have some awesome skiing here too. I guess, which runs or part of the mountain can you recommend? Which restaurants do you recommend? My son tells me I can take the gondola into town? I also heard about skiing off one part of the mountain and catching a shuttle back to the mountain?

Thanks,
Jenell:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jenell,

The runs I'd recommend would be pretty much everything off lifts 9 and 14. Lift 9 is considered the "local's lift" and although it's slow and long, has some of the best runs on the mountain. 'Plunge' is a favorite as is 'Kant-Mak-M' and 'Log Pile' (through the trees). It's on the Telluride side of the mountain, so it's in the shade all afternoon. It's better to ski this side in the morning.

Lift 14 (Gold Hill) has a number of great runs. ('Little Rose' and 'Andy's Gold' are favorites.) It gets great sun all day.

If you're into 'hike-to' terrain, we've got some phenomenal runs from the top of lift 12, e.g., Black Iron Bowl, Palmyra Peak and Bald Mountain.

Finally, if you've got the money and inclination, we've got the only heli skiing operation in Colorado.

As for places to eat, you'll generally want to come into town for food. My favorite restaurant is La Marmotte, but you may also want to try Cosmopolitan ('Cosmo' to locals), Honga's (sushi/Asian) or Siam (Thai). Allred's is good for cocktails and appetizers (unbelievable views of the town from the top of the mountain). You should definitely make it to the New Sheridan Bar for a drink some evening. (Despite the "New" in the name, it's the oldest bar--from the 1800 mining days--in town.) If you're just looking for a burger and a beer, the Cornerhouse Grille (the 'House' to locals) is probably my top choice.

There is a free gondola from Mountain Village into town. It's the only one of its kind in the US, and the views are awesome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

jenxtremeski

Certified Ski Diva
Telluride.....

Thanks so much for the tips/advice and I will take all of them and run with it. I am so excited to come check out your town. Thanks again.

Jenell:laugh:

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll put my 2 cents in... just got back from Telluride.

I'll second every thing Telluride Ski Babe said about the skiing, I also like the skiing around Chair 6, some very nice tree runs in there. There is some good stuff that is a serious hike, but take skiers left off Chair 12, and take a short walk up the hill as far as Genevieve, it's not far, and really worth it if the snow is good.

Lunch - Guiseppe's on the mountain on a nice day, the view is to die for. Otherwise grab a burger or meatball sandwich at the Skiers Union, they also do great hot chocolate.

Apres - Skiers Union for local flavour, do Allreds at least once, expensive but fabulous setting and views.

Dining - in town, we like La Marmotte and Rustico for fine dining, the Chinese restaurant in the main street (Shanghai Palace) is a seriously great feed for a small price.

Otherwise, everything is good! Have a great trip!

PS - I just realised the picture in my avatar was taken at the top of Chair 12!

jenxtremeski

Certified Ski Diva
Telluride....

So far Telluride skiing has moved to the top of my list! I have been skiing the bowls, both prospect and gold hill lifts, also chair 9, lots of moguls... It has been awesome weather, but, would love to see some fresh powder before I leave. I ended up getting a condo so I have prepared our meals, except lunch on the mountain. It has been a wonderful experience and I can't wait to come back again.......:becky: :eyebrows: :wink: :D :laugh:

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
Telluride...

I will be in Telluride March 28-April 1. This will be my FIRST trip out west and I'm going solo since I couldn't find anyone to go with and I didn't want to wait until next season.

I've only ever skied 7 springs (middle of PA). I started skiing Jan '07 and now I can comfortably ski (7 springs) black diamonds, however, I've heard what we call black diamonds are blues out west. Nevertheless, I want more of a challenge and want to try a 'real' black diamond. Can anyone recommend some of the 'easier' black diamonds, preferably not moguls? or any other runs that would be good but not overwhelming for an upper intermediate/ lower advanced? :ski2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga