• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Swollen Ankles

Kaidee

Certified Ski Diva
So I had my first ski for the season last wednesday (yay!) in my brand new boots! Okay so I'll admit I had an extreme blonde moment and accidentally put my boots on backwards for the first three hours... Numb toes and feet later I realised (I've always had the problem of not being able to tell shoes apart). But that is not the point of my story.. the point is when I got home I had really swollen ankles. Has anyone else experienced this?
I think it could be because I hadn't worn my boots in (I was told to wear them around the house in the weeks leading up to leaving but I forgot) and I was wearing them on the wrong feet for a little while... Any suggestions on how to stop it happening next time?

Edit: or should I say I now have cankles, not ankles....

Jilly

Staff member
Well on the wrong feet probably didn't help, but...boots shouldn't be tight that they hurt. Snug, so did you over tighten as well?

So buckle levers to the outside of the foot!

Ashleigh Lawrence

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tried to picture how you would actually get boots on backwards, but then I realised you meant on the wrong feet! :doh:

I have cankles too which is why I went for a 'high volume boot'. Are you sure they weren't too tight over the bridge of your foot?

Kaidee

Certified Ski Diva
I think they probably could have been too tight, but after the numb toes I had them a lot looser. They only hurt when I had them on the wrong feet, so it must have been a combination of wearing them too tight & the wrong way around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna