• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Superfeet in my new boots

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally had the fantastic experience of skiing both in my new boots and on my new skis. Since I have flat feet, but not an endless budget, I decided to cut down a pair of SuperFeet to wear in my new Nordica Olympia Sport 12s. I used the original insoles as a tracing tool, and once they were in the boot they were sitting right. But then when I actually got my foot in the boot, they were bunching at the ends. I'm thinking that due to the fact that the actual orthotic is smooth plastic, that's causing them to slide forward. I tried being extra careful putting them on, but there was no eliminating the bunched feeling. Initially I only felt that on my right foot, but by the end of the night, I could feel it in the other as well. It wasn't painful or anything, but I'm one of those people that has issues if I can feel weird things around my toes. Anything I can do to help stop this without damaging or permanently modifying the boot liner? Also on the SuperFeet front, has anyone ever removed the insole part of them? I'm thinking that soft fluffy boot insole over the orthotic would be comfier..

ps: the boots are GREAT otherwise...it was a short ski evening, but the only issue I had was a little pressure on my right ankle when on a lift that didn't have a foot rest. :thumbsup:

Jilly

Staff member
I've never had this problem with my superfeet. I used the original insole that came with the boot to size them. Check the original insole and the superfeet again. With the liner out of the boot, put the superfeet in and check around the insole to make sure its fits tight!! Then put the works back into the shell.

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I've run into another problem with the Superfeet in my boots :(. As those who have them know, the insole material is pretty slick..nothing like the fuzzy material of the insoles that came with my boots. I was hitting some small, pretty mild little jumps on Saturday night and OW my toes were jamming the front of the boots. Never had this problem with my old boots sans-superfeet. Anyone else have this problem?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it possible that the original boot insole takes up more or less volume (or readjusts your foot so that the volume is different) than the Superfeet. I'm not sure that it's a slickness vs. fuzziness issue as much as it may be a difference in volume issue. I'm actually surprised that your bootfitter didn't have you try on the boots with the Superfeet and that it wound up being something that you did on your own afterwards.

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did actually try on the boots both with and without Superfeet in and the fit is still very snug and tight with them in.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's a very good possibility that the thicker heel on the Superfeet is putting the insole up into the ankle area padding and therefore shoving it forward into the toe box. Take the whole mess out and see if the insole fits into the liner without bunching outside of the shell. If it does, try it with your foot in it too. If it feels OK there, add some double tick tape on the bottom of the insole to keep it settled. If not, try trimming a tiny bit more off the toe end of the insole. Also, while the liner is out, check to see if you have heel lifts under the liner. You may need to remove these when you add the Superfeet..

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which color Superfeet do you have? I know that the green ones are made from a thicker foam pad than the blue ones - I have both. That might make a difference.

On a Superfeet note: I just saw that they made a winter version - the hotPINK. Anyone try these?

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which color Superfeet do you have? I know that the green ones are made from a thicker foam pad than the blue ones - I have both. That might make a difference.

On a Superfeet note: I just saw that they made a winter version - the hotPINK. Anyone try these?

I have the light blue ones for low-medium arches since I have pretty much no arch. I think I'm going to try a some time int he boots with the stock insoles in this weekend and see if that makes a difference either bad or good. But I might end up surrendering to customs...we'll see.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The "Berry" ones? I've them in my running shoes. I honestly can't tell the difference between any of the colors b/c I've got the greens and blues in other shoes.

Nope. They are actually called "hotPINK". They are specifically designed for cold weather (supposedly). From the superfeet website:
"Specifically engineered to fit the unique shape of women’s feet and winter footwear, hotPINK™ provides the support, shock absorption, power transmission and edge control women need to tear up the slopes. The REBOUND™ foam full length offers maximum forefoot flex, while our patented stabilizer cap gives the rearfoot the stability and alignment it needs to perform at peak potential. In addition to the Outlast® Adaptive Comfort® top cover, the combination of our new Thermo-Foil and AirWeave technology layers in the forefoot efficiently regulates temperature, offering excellent heat management for all-day comfort."

I was curious if anyone had tried them. I thought if they were any good, I'd try a pair for wearing in my work boots.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe SnowHot has the hot pink.

My old Superfeet Cork customs have the same foil stuff on the bottom, but I don't know that it really insulates or reflects much. :noidea:

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the toes jamming at the end of your boots has more to do with your body position than the insoles i think. If you land in the back seat your toes are going to jam to the end, speaking from personal experience. I have the "hot pinks" in my langes and they are the same support as the berry but they dont have that nice cushy foam under the forefoot which really helps most women. I have blue superfeet in one pair of running shoes. I choose the pink for my ski boot because my foot is not really moving inside the boot so I can handle the slightly higher arch versus when im running i need the lowest arch

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PD85,

Do you think the hotPINKs do anything for cold-reduction?
As for no cushy foam layer, does that make it about the same "height" as the usual stock insole that comes with a ski boot?

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
um not that i can really tell. my feet are COLD, but they have always been that way. I sell the hot pinks so I should say they work but i dont know. I mean they have the right concept because people use foil to line their boots to try to keep them warmer but I dont think the difference is significant. I think the hight is about the same, I love the berry for bootfitting purposes but I have had a couple customers, specifically in the head dream series boots, where the thickness of the foam causes the boot to be too tight.

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the toes jamming at the end of your boots has more to do with your body position than the insoles i think. If you land in the back seat your toes are going to jam to the end, speaking from personal experience.

That was my first thought, except that I never had that problem in my old boots, which were 2 sizes too large. But perhaps that extra space is what stopped them from doing that! Guess I should get myself a park lesson!

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
um not that i can really tell. my feet are COLD, but they have always been that way. I sell the hot pinks so I should say they work but i dont know. I mean they have the right concept because people use foil to line their boots to try to keep them warmer but I dont think the difference is significant. I think the hight is about the same, I love the berry for bootfitting purposes but I have had a couple customers, specifically in the head dream series boots, where the thickness of the foam causes the boot to be too tight.

Thanks. I'll just keep my green ones in my Merrells. I actually alternate between my greens and my custom orthotics so each has a day to dry out.

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yeah i have customs in one pair of running shoes, blues in the other and pinks in my ski boot. they are all better than nothing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga