• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Sun Valley Idaho Trip February

White tara

Certified Ski Diva
I just got approved for a "business" trip to Sun Valley Idaho!:yahoo:
The trip will take place at the end of February. Any advice of how to get there for cheap, where to stay,good places to eat? We are traveling from the midwest, is it worth taking my skis with me or should I just rent demos there? Any good rental shops? Anything else you can think of will be really appreciated. Thanks!!

Christy

Angel Diva
I've not skied there but I have been there for work. Flying into SV can be pricey and in the winter, flights are frequently diverted to Boise due to storms (then they bus you up), so you might look into just flying to Boise (especially if you were going to rent a car anyway). I don't find it difficult to travel with skis but you can always make that decision based on conditions right before you leave--my understanding is that they get the occasional dump, but that it's quite frequently very icy. Also factor in how much your airline charges for baggage. I've had comfortable and reasonably priced stays at the Clarion Inn, but check Trip Advisor (Ketchum is the town) for other good options. If you're really on a budget check motels in Hailey, down the valley. It's not a bad drive to the resort, though you will run into rush hour traffic at the normal hours (no one that works in Ketchum can afford to live there). The Pioneer Saloon is an institution in SV--check it out if you're in the mood for steak. Post a trip report with pictures when you're back!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga