• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Summer Improvements ('10)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know of any construction/improvements going on at their home mountain this summer? Or at any other mountain, for that matter?

Just learned that Okemo is working on getting the permits for a "mountain coaster," a four-season roller coaster-type ride with sled-like cars that'll take people down the mountain. There's more about it here

Christy

Angel Diva
I think I posted this elsewhere but Crystal Mt is getting a gondola. That will be the first in WA state so it's kind of a big deal.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That snowlercoaster sounds pretty cool, SD.

My home hill, Wilmot in Wisconsin, is building a tubing hill.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A-Basin is getting a new high speed quad to replace its Exhibition lift, which is currently an old fixed grip triple.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Development continues at the top of LCC (pretty soon it will look like Deer Valley up there). Snowbird is adding night skiing along Gadzoom lift, adding onto the Mid-Gad and Gad Valley day lodges and developing new bike trails and service roads.

But the most controversial is a future proposal to build a second tram:

Say it ain't so....

https://www.sltrib.com/wintersports/ci_15229922

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing solid yet at Park City Mt. Resort. There was talk at the end of the season about the First Time base area getting redone, maybe a new lift to replace the old Three Kings lift to service just the terrain park and Superpipe. I do see some porta-potties down there now when I go to work, so maybe something IS happening there. I'll report back when I find out more.
P.S. we have a 4-season coaster here. It's a hoot! Don't use the brakes!!!:eek:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just read this about Snowbasin:

As part of Snowbird's proposed expansion into Mary Ellen Gulch, the Utah ski and snowboard resort has filed for an amendment to its master plan that calls for a second aerial tram from Hidden Peak to the 11,489-foot summit of West Twin Peak.

The 780-acre, above-treeline Mary Ellen Gulch lies to the immediate west of Mineral Basin. In addition to the proposed Tram, Snowbird's plan also calls for an expansion of the Mineral Basin Express lift by 50 percent, and a third lift to carry skiers and riders from Mary Ellen Gulch back to the lengthened Mineral Basin Express. If approved, the expansion would increase Snowbird's current 3,240-foot vertical drop to 3,729 vertical feet.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gore Mountain is building an interconnect between the town of North Creek and the rest of the mountain, scheduled for completion before the 2010-11 season. This involves cutting some trails, building a bridge over a stream, and a new lift. This should bring more people into the town of North Creek to the shops and restaurants. At the existing Village Ski area, there is a small lodge, tubing and a small park. Hopefully, it will also bring an easier way to get to Burnt Ridge Mountain. Snowmaking capacity still remains a question in many minds, but hopefully the natural snow cover will be better this year.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Park City Mt. Resort update

OK. I heard more about the stuff at the bottom of the First Time and 3 Kings lift area.
The lifts won't change this year. The resort is putting up lights off of 3 Kings so that the Pick 'n Shovel terrain park can stay open at night. Possibly the superpipe, also, since it is right next door. So, we'll have 3 lifts open for night skiing and the park rats can come up after school and get in a full "day" of skiing. Not gonna do much for their school grades, though :wink:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Just learned that Okemo is working on getting the permits for a "mountain coaster," a four-season roller coaster-type ride with sled-like cars that'll take people down the mountain. There's more about it here

Mont St. Sauveur opened one of these last fall. A friend and I rode it after our last day of skiing in April. It was good fun and if I did it again, I'd brake less!

Jilly

Staff member
Well I haven't heard of anything happening at Tremblant. It's probably part of the Intrawest money problems that only what has to be done, will be done. I do know that there is lots of movement of retail places in the village. But this is the time of year that that happens. Stores and restaurants come and go.

One of the neat summer attractions is a walk in the trees called Acrobranche. It's being moved to another resort. So that is a loss.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga