• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sugarloaf, Maine 11/20

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
First turns of the season for me today, and we were rewarded with FRESHIES! :ski2: A couple of inches fell mid-morning, what fun! Although there's white on all the runs, it's certainly not enough to open everything (YET?). Tote Road, Sugarloaf's signature long blue, is open and was very nice. Also open are Sluice (blue) to Lower Winter's Way (green). Okay, not much, but surely enough for at least my first day! Did about 15k of vertical in 3 hours. Roads were VERY dicey en route home.

For those familar with Sugarloaf, it is now under new ownership (as are so many of the New England resorts) of Boyne Resorts, based out of Michigan, as is Sunday River. The somewhat silly "usa" moniker that was used for years with Sugarloaf is now GONE. It's now Sugarloaf, period. We are all very hopeful that Boyne can reverse the years of neglect suffered at both resorts under its FORMER owners.

Nice start to the season. I'm BEAT.

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
there is that other sugarloaf in brazil...
Sugar_Loaf_Mountain,_Rio_De_Janeiro,_Brazil2.jpg

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MaineSkiLady, I'm soooooooooo jealous!
Waiting for our season to start! Argh!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad to hear it, MaineSkiLady!

When's Crystal's projected opening date, SnowHot?

skihawk

Certified Ski Diva
My husband and I just went to Sugarloaf for our belated honeymoon! We were there from December 26th-January 1st. Great snow! Tons of runs were open. I enjoyed Tote Road! We had such a great time and plan on going every year. We stayed in the Gondola Villiage condos. We had a great view of the mountian! We will miss WSKI (local access channel). We even entertained the thought of moving to Maine (from Milwaukee, Wisconsin).

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My husband and I just went to Sugarloaf for our belated honeymoon! We were there from December 26th-January 1st. Great snow! Tons of runs were open. I enjoyed Tote Road! We had such a great time and plan on going every year. We stayed in the Gondola Villiage condos. We had a great view of the mountian! We will miss WSKI (local access channel). We even entertained the thought of moving to Maine (from Milwaukee, Wisconsin).
Fantastic! So glad you enjoyed it! You picked one of THE best snow weeks EVER :smile: ! In 6 seasons here, I'd NEVER seen that much open that early. Even the back snowfields were open.

Holy cow! I just checked my calendar -- I was there on 1/1!! We've got a ton to talk about, as we have lived in the SAME PLACES!!! From Chicago to WI to!!!

As for your thought of moving to Maine----well, that's a whole different subject for another time and place. Let's keep in touch! (Everyone here still thinks I "talk funny" :laugh: )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga