• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Success stories.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Is there something you did this season that you never thought you'd be able to do? Learned to ski moguls, finally did that helicopter, joined that race team?

Give yourself a pat on the back and post it here.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm... well, some little things anyway, but I think they made a difference in my skiing.

1) I was tagging around with a boarder all season, so got more used to catching air off of little rollers and bumps which I would never do before. I still haven't got the knack completely, but I think that this has made my landings a bit more comfortable, so that if I'm on a run and I accidentally catch a bit of air, I don't freak out as much, and can more easily recover.

2) I have gotten way, WAY more comfortable on the ungroomed. That is not to say I ski it well, in any shape or form. But I'd rather ski ungroomed than groomed unless it's icy and/or a warmup. I am pretty proud of my progression here, maybe just mentally, in that I am allowing myself to make mistakes and learn on ungroomed, bumped up runs and in the trees, and still have fun and not feel like I suck at skiing, because, well, last year I couldn't even do that much!

K.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna