• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stress busters.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone knows that stress is bad for you, both physically and emotionally.

Anyone like to share how they deal with stress?

For me, the best way is working out. If not skiing, then going to the gym or engaging in some other physical activity. Yesterday I went kayaking -- not whitewater, just more or less paddling and floating down a beautiful river on a gorgeous day. I felt like my troubles were a million miles behind me!

What about you?

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A 6 mile run with Dave Matthews for music.Helps me forget about what is ever worrying me!

Terry

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agreed...some kind of physical activity..preferably with good music.
Skiing is a major stress buster....also these days inline skating, cycling or just going for a walk.........

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Physical activity, definitely. I think working up a sweat is a great way to shut stress down, especially if a muscle pounding activity is followed by stretching out and soaking in a bath. Aside from strenous physical activity, I think that getting outside and taking a walk is a nice stress killer. It might just be me, but I always get a mood lift from soaking in the environment around me. I bring my ipod along, cuz not much beats the combination of fresh air and music, though I leave it at home once in a while to focus on the sounds around me.

Making art really kills stress for me, as do building and repairs. Taking care of marine life too. Now that I think about it, I think it's basically that anything I throw myself into kills stress. Whether it's throwing myself into creating new pieces, diving, writing, horseback riding, or hiking and really taking in the scenery it works. Though it may sound counterintuitive that keeping busy kills stress, it really does, for me at least.

Try to do the things you love, and to love the things you do, and show stress who's boss :p

Scrapbooking!
A walk with my dog!
Going to a movie (although that's only a short term solution)
Clean!

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Working out. Giving it my all on the weight machines. Doing the ellipse with gusto. Getting physically exhausted.

I tried yoga for stress. It helped a little, but a heavy weight workout worked better.

Whacking a bucket of balls at a driving range also works.

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm with the rest of you Divas. Working out is my number one stress buster. I prefer to do something physical outdoors, but the gym is OK in a pinch.

Gardening is also very relaxing, even the weeding.

Walking and cuddling my dog are also great.

I find if I don't get some exercise every day, I get kind of grumpy and depressed, and I feel sluggish and tired.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with Num, nothing like getting up a good sweat to bust that stress. I go to the gym ocassionally, or more often use a cross trainer at home.

The best thing is walking the dogs for an hour every morning, although one of my dogs is a mini terrorist and that brings a different kind of stress, but my other dog is so relaxed it makes up for his stress.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga