• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stratton and/or Okemo

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok... so now that certain situations in my life have settled down it's time to start skiing again. This coming weekend we're doing a day at Mount Snow. However next week we're looking at doing Stratton - both my husband and I got in on the free Stratton lift tix. We live far enough away that this won't just be a day trip due to many reasons but this is established. So... my husband has an idea that we should do the trip longer (ie ski more than 1 day and stay more than 1 night)... so we're debating where to stay and also where to ski for it beyond the 1 day we know will be at Stratton. So can anyone here offer any suggestions/advice on how to do this cheaper? IE where to stay, what type of lift tix deals might be available or associated with a cheap package deal for lodging? I'd love to book this out tonight. We're looking at mid week next week (so skiing days of Tues/Weds or Weds/Thurs). Any pointers would be appreciated!!!!!

:ski2: :ski2: :ski2:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any deals off hand, but I'd recommend going to the resorts' web sites and look at their lodging pages. Then just call around.

If you're looking at Okemo, in Ludlow I'd recommend either the Timber Inn or the Best Western Colonial (the Best Western is nicer). I'm sure they offer deals, but I don't know what they might be.

If you want to ski Stratton, your best bet might be staying in Manchester. It's a little bit of a drive (as opposed than staying slopeside), but it's bound to be cheaper.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, Killington is not my first choice but my DH just told me they have a special offer $112 per person lodging for 2 nights min and if you pick the winning Super Bowl team they will give you free return lift tickets for every night you stay.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also check out Killington's "Snow Blind Deals." You can book last-minute lodging at supposedly low prices. The only catch is that you don't know which motel it is until after you book it. The listing you get tells you how close you'd be to the mountain, but not the actual name. I've never done this, so I can't vouch first-hand as to how worthwhile it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga