• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Storing Skis for the Summer

Mother of Cats

Diva in Training
This is going to be my first summer as a ski owner, and I was wondering what, if anything, I need to do to store my skis for next season. I bought new skis about a month ago and have only skied on them three times, so I don't think they need too much work. I want to take good care of them so that they last me for a long time. Thanks in advance for the help!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
great tips.. here's another My Dad put Vaseline on the edges to help prevent rust, the cool dry area where he would store them was under our beds, probably so we could dream of skiing. LOL

Jilly

Staff member
I like to wash the liners of my ski boots after the season ends. I take my foot beds out and just put them in the laundry tub that my rinse water goes into from the machine. Give them a brush and swish, then rinse really well. Put them outside in the sun light and pretty smelling boots for next season. Like SD states, loosely buckle so they hold their shape.

This year, it's under the bed for my skis. I'm losing my garage July 1st! Boots will be in the storage room or extra room's closet. Over the summer I figure out a place to store all the outdoor gear. For this summer, it's off to the cottage for everything.

I wash all my gear (well except the helmet, gloves and goggles) as per GG's recommendations.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you are going to lower the DIN on your bindings, put a big sticker on them to remind yourself you've done it. Otherwise it makes for an interesting start to the season as you try to work out why your skis won't stay on...

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I like to wash the liners of my ski boots after the season ends. I take my foot beds out and just put them in the laundry tub that my rinse water goes into from the machine. Give them a brush and swish, then rinse really well. Put them outside in the sun light and pretty smelling boots for next season. Like SD states, loosely buckle so they hold their shape.

This year, it's under the bed for my skis. I'm losing my garage July 1st! Boots will be in the storage room or extra room's closet. Over the summer I figure out a place to store all the outdoor gear. For this summer, it's off to the cottage for everything.

I wash all my gear (well except the helmet, gloves and goggles) as per GG's recommendations.

I would never have thought to rinse out my boot liners like that. Thanks for the info.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Touch up the edges of the skis if there are any burrs and put a coat of wax on them, but don't scrape them. Use Pledge or a car wax on the tops to keep them shiny and snow-shedding. Pull the liners from your boots and make sure everything is dry inside. Rinse the liner (or fit pads) of your helmet. Wash and Nikwax your pants and coats.

Turning down the binding DIN is pretty old school and really not necessary anymore, unless your setting is at the top of the binding's adjustment range.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga