• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Still low tide in NZ

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sadly things are still a bit grim over here in NZ.
Our local hills are still " low tide " so we went over the river to Mt Hutt today ( around a 45min drive) as we had complimentary passes so didn't have to pay .
Things aren't great there either but a little bit better than our local hills with top to bottom runs but only on man made snow.
We had a fun day and it was great to test the post injury legs on longer runs ( they're performing really well, all hail PT!!) but crikey we need snow over here so please do some snow dances for us!!!
So different from last year .IMG-20230718-WA0001.jpg20230718_122747.jpg

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad to hear your legs feel good, @AJM -- all hail PT!

I'll send up snow wishes to y'all in the southern hemisphere as I do my leg workouts.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well gals thanks so much for the snow dances, we've gone from not enough show to too much snow !!! Currently dumping here in Canterbury NZ , waaaay to much to open safely so watch this space :snow:

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well gals thanks so much for the snow dances, we've gone from not enough show to too much snow !!! Currently dumping here in Canterbury NZ , waaaay to much to open safely so watch this space :snow:
Meanwhile in Australia:

bawbaw.JPG
This is the local hill near the in-laws. Sub-optimal, but at least I don't have to visit them.

• Wow
Reactions: AJM

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be fair to the North Island, Ruapehu is also now having a shockingly good season but struggling to get enough staff. I am hoping they can keep enough snow for the season to run into November. Australia looks like they are mostly done now?

Reactions: AJM

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be fair to the North Island, Ruapehu is also now having a shockingly good season but struggling to get enough staff. I am hoping they can keep enough snow for the season to run into November. Australia looks like they are mostly done now?
There were a heap closed for the season on the weekend. Perisher still going, I think Threadbo and Hotham but it's looking a bit ordinary on the webcams all up.

One of my colleague's daughters was going to Selwyn on the annual camp where the tropics kids "get to see the snow". They could take turns standing on the one remaining patch I suppose. Bad end to the season that started so promisingly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga