• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Still a novice (in some ways)

newboots

Angel Diva
@Abbi and I were at Killington yesterday when I got this idea that our trail (Bearly, maybe? Bearclaw?) was one where you needed to keep your speed up for the upcoming flats.

Um, no.

Not flats, but two headwalls. Skyeburst, for those following along on your maps. Ending gracefully in a double-eject. I do recall self arresting (after awhile) with my right arm. Too bad today it feels like it was pulled out of its socket. Seeing doc in 10 minutes.

Novice mistakes - not being careful when not SURE what’s ahead, and freezing up instead of turning when I found myself going way too fast.

Grumble. I could have managed one headwall.

:fear:

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Yikes, hope you ge a good report from the Doc.

newboots

Angel Diva
Aww, you are all such good supporters. I work in a hospital outpatient clinic, so seeing a doctor was just a matter of being squeezed in.

She says, bruised rib, take it easy, and stop 3x/day and take deep breaths. The only real danger of this is that the body avoids deep breaths if they hurt, and you can develop a lung problem with a name that began with A.

So I’m good! She thinks I’ll feel better in 2 weeks

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your SO mentioned you were still feeling banged up. So .... what did the professionals say?

Sorry, so typed before I saw your response

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aww, you are all such good supporters. I work in a hospital outpatient clinic, so seeing a doctor was just a matter of being squeezed in.

She says, bruised rib, take it easy, and stop 3x/day and take deep breaths. The only real danger of this is that the body avoids deep breaths if they hurt, and you can develop a lung problem with a name Sthat began with A.

So I’m good! She thinks I’ll feel better in 2 weeks

If I get back then you'll be OK, I hope. Or ... chickens!

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks, everybody!

I am actually feeling better this evening! Maybe from having the doctor look at me? :noidea:
Or maybe it gets better quickly. Who knows? I’m optimistic!

I do expect I’ll skip skiing this weekend. That’s a shame!

newboots

Angel Diva
Better!

I only took one Aleve tonight, and I could have gone without. Yesterday, I took more than you are supposed to.

The doctor said I was likely to be better in two weeks, and it looks possible! Maybe I will ski once in the next couple of days.

:ski:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna