• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

steep and cheap right now!

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
for the tele diva in all of us...
The K2 Dawn Patrol

K2S0094.jpg

only $208.24

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Get the firefox plugin, at least then you have it right inyour firefox info bar rather than having to constantly go look at the page.:p
Or you can put up my husband's site for it. :D His auto refreshes every 30 seconds. With an audio alert when it changes. (I know, shameless plug... at least I didn't just type the link, right?)

I think I'm just going to get further behind on house stuff tomorrow... but hey, it's a once a year thing!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
https://sac.bvibert.com

It's simple but it gets the job done. :D

I love it!

Since we're on the subject of SAC, does anyone know if there is a way to just leave stuff in your cart so you can buy it all at once (say once a day) in order to save on shipping costs? I mean I don't buy THAT much (although I did just buy the cute Roxy Pop Art Boot Bag :D ), but I kind of get the sense I'm going to be ordering more than once tomorrow, and those shipping costs REALLY add up. :faint:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nah, it doesn't stay in the cart. Part of the appeal of SAC is that it's quick decisions, fast-paced shopping. Once it's gone from the screen, it's usually gone (though it may reappear a week or so later...sometimes). And I considered that bag, too! ;)

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love it!

Since we're on the subject of SAC, does anyone know if there is a way to just leave stuff in your cart so you can buy it all at once (say once a day) in order to save on shipping costs? I mean I don't buy THAT much (although I did just buy the cute Roxy Pop Art Boot Bag :D ), but I kind of get the sense I'm going to be ordering more than once tomorrow, and those shipping costs REALLY add up. :faint:

If you call customer service after your last order of the day and tell them to combine the orders for shipping, they'll do it. BC.com has the best customer service in the world and they'll usually bend over backwards to keep you happy!

Living in SLC is nice because I can just go pick up my stuff at the warehouse the day I buy it and avoid the shipping costs. I think you guys can imagine how much SAC gets me in trouble....

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is my crack-addict SAC-related site:

www.sacattack.com

Just set the refresh rate to 2 min and sit back and relax.

You can also link to wmattack.com for Whiskey Militia stuff.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you call customer service after your last order of the day and tell them to combine the orders for shipping, they'll do it. BC.com has the best customer service in the world and they'll usually bend over backwards to keep you happy!

Living in SLC is nice because I can just go pick up my stuff at the warehouse the day I buy it and avoid the shipping costs. I think you guys can imagine how much SAC gets me in trouble....

Excellent to know...thanks! So far, I've been good today, (where is that halo emoticon?) but I suspect that will not last...

I'd be in trouble too if I lived in SLC. :D

Cool Sets gal

Diva in Training
THis is the response I got from SAC when I asked about combining all of my orders of today:

"Ah, I hate to tell you this but I can't combine shipping on those items. Sorry! The reason we can't is because of the way they are handled in our warehouse, as each item is sold on Steepandcheap.com they need to move out quickly so they move out in seperate shipments. I'm sorry about that, but each seperate item off of steepandcheap has to ship seperately. Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with!"

When I wrote back & explained how I had heard that they would via Skidiva.com, this is the response I received.

"Here is the jist of it...you want us to combine orders. Sounds simple enough! But that would involve hiring another group of people to do this and this would cost us money. Now as a business we have to pass these extra costs on to the customer. Now that would involve an increase prices for steepandcheap.com items. Therefore we do not combine orders. Sorry."

SO....looks like no combined shipping on separate orders during the same day!!!!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Makes sense. I know every time I've ordered from SAC, I get a shipping notice within a couple of hours. They move the stuff out that fast. So it makes sense that you can't combine orders to save on shipping. Sometimes I feel the shipping is just too high for what they're offering, but that's a whole other subject. We always have a choice whether to buy or not. :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I paid $8.15 to ship two pairs of glove liners so I in the end I paid $11 per pair. If I'd ordered off of their sister site backcountry.com I would have paid $21 per pair, quite a savings I think. I make a judgment on whether it's a deal based on price plus shipping. I can't find it for less than $17 a piece before shipping anywhere else.

Cool Sets gal

Diva in Training
I was too confident that they would combine, after reading the earlier post...may have hestitated on buying the socks had I taken a moment to think about it! I also figured that they wouldn't be shipping on a Sunday, so that combining orders would be even less problematic. Silly me!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I buy socks, I generally try to buy three pairs, so then the shipping doesn't seem so high for something cheap.:noidea:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry I may have led you astray. :doh: I guess since I usually pick all my stuff up at the warehouse, I thought they would bundle stuff if you called them about it. Hey, at least you tried!

I guess now that I think about it, I have a friend at BC.com that told me that SAC does work on a whole separate system than they do. He said they have very little control over the shipping of SAC items.

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am addicted to SAC ! I have only ordered a couple of things so far, due to the fact that they have a list of companies that they are unable to ship to Canada. My most recent purchase was a Dakine Heli Ski pack that I can use to cart my things with me while hiking or out on the ski hill. Sweet deal at $27 plus about $13 shipping !
Every time I am out of the house and get back home I go to the computer to see what the next deal is on SAC !!!

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really? I didn't know that, oh well, good thing I have family in DC! :smile: But I would need a large anyway and in Arc'Teryx clothes probably an XXL!!!

Jilly

Staff member
There is a list of what they won't send into Canada. Bascially if it made here, sent there, they won't send it back!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
How do you know what coming up at SAC???? Am I missing something?

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The Daily Dose - "[email protected]"

BTW - You're up early, no hangover today? What kind of birthday is that?!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna