• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stöckli demo days in North America for 2023-24

marzNC

Angel Diva
I ended up on the Stöckli elist after Snowbound 2023. A recent email led me to discover a list of all the demo days in North America on their website (called Ski Tests). They will be in assorted places in Ontario in Dec-Feb. Also Kicking Horse on March 17. Says something about the market they are chasing that there are demo days planned for two private ski resorts, Yellowstone Club in MT and Wasatch Peaks Ranch in UT.

NORTHEAST
Sunday River, ME, Dec 2
Sugarloaf, ME, Dec 3
Waterville Valley, NH, Dec 15
Okemo, VT, Dec 16
Holiday Valley, NY, Dec 16
Windham, NY, Dec 22-23
Mount Southington, CT, Dec 30
Mount Snow, VT, Mar 4

MIDWEST
Boyne Mountain, MI, Dec 16
Crystal, MI, Dec 29
Caberfae Peaks, MI, Mar TBD

WEST
Mt Rose, NV, Dec 10
Snoqualmie, WA, Mar 9
Mission Ridge, WA, Mar 10
Hoodoo, OR, Mar 16
Mt. Hood Meadows, OR, Mar 17
Palisades Tahoe, CA, Mar 24
Mt. Rose, NV, Mar 17
Schweitzer, ID, Mar 2
Sun Valley, ID, Mar 9-10
Snowbasin, UT, Mar 2
Alta, UT, Apr 1

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was very happy to get to demo Stockli again this past weekend at Sunday River. I fell in love with an unlikely ski, for me, the Laser MX. At 67 underfoot, it’s almost 20mm narrower than the skinniest ski in my quiver.. I almost never think about the idea of adding a true carving specific ski, but this was a super accessible and FUN zoomy ski. Now to hope for a good demo sale deal or something later this season.. I REALLY liked it, but probably not in a super rush to add this sort of ski where I’d be wanting to pay full price for it. I’m really not sure how much I’d ski it given my affinity for playing off piste more than on. If I can find a good deal I will definitely grab it though.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Says something about the market they are chasing that there are demo days planned for two private ski resorts, Yellowstone Club in MT and Wasatch Peaks Ranch in UT.
Can I hope this means JH has had not made that cut yet? Just kidding, but bummed we are not on the list. Even have a shop that carries the brand but never anything under 88 to try out it seems.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I first demo'd Stöckli skis in Pennsylvania. That led to demo'ing from Le Ski Mastery in Taos Ski Valley during my first trip there. At the time, I had no idea that little independent shop was the largest Stöckli dealer in the USA. I bought the pair of Stormrider 85s I demo'd and have been very happy with them since.

There used to be a long time ski shop in Richmond that was a Stöckli dealer. My Massanutten instructor has had Stöckli skis for quite a while.

coldthrill

Angel Diva
I was very happy to get to demo Stockli again this past weekend at Sunday River. I fell in love with an unlikely ski, for me, the Laser MX. At 67 underfoot, it’s almost 20mm narrower than the skinniest ski in my quiver.. I almost never think about the idea of adding a true carving specific ski, but this was a super accessible and FUN zoomy ski. Now to hope for a good demo sale deal or something later this season.. I REALLY liked it, but probably not in a super rush to add this sort of ski where I’d be wanting to pay full price for it. I’m really not sure how much I’d ski it given my affinity for playing off piste more than on. If I can find a good deal I will definitely grab it though
I introduced a friend to the Stöckli demo tent last March and she was so amazed by the MX that she found herself a pair in her size the following week. She is a very good, lifelong skier and just coming back from a torn ACL/surgery, then a meniscus injury. The skis have really given her back her confidence and she is wondering why she never skied on skis this good before. They're her OSQ. Anyway, sorry. Guess I've just caught that diva enabler bug.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I introduced a friend to the Stöckli demo tent last March and she was so amazed by the MX that she found herself a pair in her size the following week. She is a very good, lifelong skier and just coming back from a torn ACL/surgery, then a meniscus injury. The skis have really given her back her confidence and she is wondering why she never skied on skis this good before. They're her OSQ. Anyway, sorry. Guess I've just caught that diva enabler bug.
I always appreciate a good enabler where ski gear is concerned!! I like being that for others as well. :bounce:

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My stockli phrase is it's the brand of ski you didn't know you needed until you ski one... My favorites are the stormrider series. I just picked up an Laser AX so I'm excited to receive those. The MX is a very fun ski as well. There are plenty of boiler plate days in the NE so I'm sure the MX would get a lot of use.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm heading to Waterville on the 15th so will get to demo. First time ever demoing so kind of excited.
If you can try a particular model in two different lengths, you'll definitely learn something. Even if you only take one run on the second pair. Best to pick the same trail for demo runs. Sometimes I do one run on the "demo trail" and then a second run on a different one that's equally convenient.

Have fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
If you can try a particular model in two different lengths, you'll definitely learn something. Even if you only take one run on the second pair. Best to pick the same trail for demo runs. Sometimes I do one run on the "demo trail" and then a second run on a different one that's equally convenient.

Have fun!
For the women’s skis at Sunday River anyway, there were not multiple size options. I believe there was just one of each, and have found that with them in the past too. Luckily this time they seemed to be my ideal size.. I had one year when everything was quite long for me and then last year it was very short. Strange! Lol

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Well, I just this moment learned that there are Stockli demo days tomorrow and Saturday at Windham Mountain in NY. Nothing like a little heads-up! I can't make either day but thought I'd share in case anyone is game.

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm bummed because I missed the demo days at Mammoth this year. They fell immediately following a huge dump and we cancelled because the drive would likely have been a bit hairy.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love a free stockli day. That's how I found my stormrider 85 motions. Alternatively I can pay to demo which isn't my first choice especially since I'm not looking for any skis really. My ski shop at Bromley has several pairs of stockli skis. I would love to try the Laser SC, the AW and a stormrider 88. I'll have to see what sizes they have and go from there.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Even though April 1 is listed on the Stöckli website for Alta, I doubt that's correct. The Alta Demo Day in April is always on a Saturday. My best guess is that would be April 6 for 2024.

In general, Alta Demo Day is not announced much in advance. In early April 2023 there was no way to hold a Demo Day given the issues with the canyon road closures due to wet slides that closed the road for days, not hours. One season there was a powder storm after an April Demo Day. A few brand tents showed up the following Saturday, which was a complete surprise. I only knew because it's easy to see the Wildcat/Collins base from Alta Lodge.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
The Stockli website incorrectly lists the demo date at Mount Snow as March 4th, which is a Monday, but the Mount Snow website lists March 3rd. I called Mount Snow to verify and was told whatever is on their calendar is the correct date. Below is from the Mount Snow website.

Image 2-25-24 at 12.34 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna