• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Solomon Mynx '08

I'm not as much of a techno expert as some of you other Divas, but I'm going to attempt to post a review of Solomon's '08 Mynx skis. I believe that the construction of this ski has not changed from last season, though I love the graphic on this year's skis. Today was my first day on these skis.

Skier type: I'm 5' 7" tall, 145 lbs., 48 years old, strong intermediate skier.

Ski stats: 158 length, 124-81-112, 13.0 turn radius, center mounted with Solomon Z10 bindings which are sleek, light, and easy to step in and out of.

Conditions: Early season at a small resort in Western Mass., hardpack, some dirt, some man made powder.

Review: Although this is a park and pipe ski, I purchased it because I wanted an all mountain ski that I could also use in the park. It performed extremely well on the hardpack and I expect that it will be a great ski for mixed conditions, powder, you name it. It has a nice sidecut for getting up on edge, and has super easy turn initiation. Transitioning to switch skiing and back is a cinch and they are very stable without being too flat. The shovels are nice and wide which should make for a very versatile ski in mixed conditions, and they are very light to carry around (always a plus).

I recommend this ski highly for any of you that want the versatility of a twin tip but want to be able to ski the whole mountain without changing skis down at the base lodge. The ski does not have a wood core so I don't know how well it would hold up if used as a 1-ski quiver for multiple days, but since I have other skis, I expect they will last well for me for a few seasons....

And finally, so you know that I really do ski like a girl, I like looking at them while I ride the lift. They're very pretty!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But have you decided if this is the ski for ESA?

No, I'm going to bring my Volkl AC2s and my Scarlets to ESA as I would prefer to ride a traditionally mounted ski for a non-freestyle clinic and will appreciate the grip that the Volkls have on firm stuff.... However, I'm also bringing my Scarlets to try out as it looks like about 6+ inches will fall Thursday night. I just hope that the driving is ok Thursday night so I can get there in time to ski on Friday!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the Mynx last March and it was a really fun ski ....
This was a day where a ton of snow had fallen and the ski went through anything. There was fresh snow on top of chopped up powder.....after lunch there was hardly anyone left on the hill because it was too tough for ppl to ski. My son and I had the lifts to ourselves and it was one of the best days I've had in a long time !!
I don't have a ton of money for gear so I didn't buy this ski, but sure would like to in the future.
This is the first time seeing this thread so I had to chime in and let you know how great I think this ski is!

I have really grown to love my Mynx skis and despite the fact that I had them center mounted, it's become my all mountain ski for all but very icy conditions. I'm taking it to Big Sky on Friday as my all mountain ski for the great snow they have out there....

:ski:

(I happen to like the dancing bananas! :D )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna