• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sol Vista (CO)--great for kids.

EmilieW

Certified Ski Diva
I couldn't find much info on this resort before we went yesterday...but it has great prices on kids lessons, and it's small. So, we went there yesterday and I just wanted to share that this is a great place for kids to learn. It is $90 for kids lesson, lift ticket, lunch and rental. They offer lessons for 3 year olds on up. And unlike Loveland (where we have taken the kids previously) they handle everything for your kids--you don't have to stand in crazy lines for the rentals, you just drop your kids off and they do the rest. They had my 3 year old on skis, doing better than I imagined possible! Also, they teach a "direct to parallel" method--instead of teaching the kids the wedge, and having to unlearn that later, they just teach them to parallel from the get go...so my daughter (5 yr. old), FINALLY learned to turn...this is her 3rd lesson and she could never get it before. My 7 yr. old son did snowboarding and he has graduated from the bunny hill and is now able to go down greens w/ us.

However--I would not suggest going here until they get more snow. They had most of their runs open, and they shouldn't have opened about 50% of it...not enough snow, lots of bare spots and ROCKS! I had my new Auras out and scratched them up pretty good on a few runs. bummer. But, still a great day considering the kids did so well.

Anyway--if any of you have young kids and are looking for a good place to go w/ them that isn't insanely expensive, this is it! I'm sure that the big resorts have great lessons too--but w/ 3 kids, it is just way too expensive for us, so this was a great alternative.

OH, and also I should mention the Colorado GEMS card--it is 10 bucks for this card, and w/ it you can get free (or buy 1 get 1 free) lift tickets at many of hte smaller resorts in CO (Monarch, Sol Vista, Eldora etc.).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga