• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sofa ski camp NZ 2024

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wouldn't work for 2024 but maybe during a northern hemisphere summer in the future. Thanks for posting.

What's the best airport for flying in from N. America?

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Christchurch is the closest international airport (less than an hour's drive from Porters), though most flights from North America land in Auckland anyway.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooh I havent heard it was coming to Porters, thats a bit cool I wonder what the cost is if you're local ie already got the pass etc ?

Have to say Oxford is strange choice of location for accomodation :noidea:

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've since discovered it was also run at Porters last year, though I haven't heard anything about it. I assume it was just a 3 day camp, so it might have gone under your radar. Long way to come for 3 days, at that price ($1900, which appears not to include that accommodation, and thus seems unlikely to attract locals). Meanwhile the TC Rookies programme now looks to have expanded into that type of non-instructor-focused training camps, since there is clearly some demand for that.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did they ??? Cant say I ever saw them or heard about them up there. I'm still hoping the HP training I spoke of in another thread will go ahead, I havent heard anything but I'm keeping my fingers crossed . I'd rather stick with him as he's (in my mind) really good and I have a realtionship with him that's made a huge improvement in my skiing.

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm possibly interested in that course too, if it eventuates. What's his training/instructing background? Eg NZSIA, CSIA, BASI etc? I've just returned from a fantastic 2-week camp in Fernie (mainly CSIA coaches) and we're already tentatively planning a return to that! Unbelievably cold though!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty sure he's NZSIA.
How cool you went to to Fernie for a camp !!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga