• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's going to happen next season?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I left VT as Okemo closed for the season and I'd already paid for next year's Epic pass. Today I received a notice that I'd been given a credit for the rest of this season and they'll contact me about sending me the refund. I think maybe I'll ask if it can be applied to insurance for next season since COVID-19 may make next season risky...?
All of the passes now come with insurance, so no need to separately buy insurance!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just coming here to see what you all think about next season. Would really love to get back! I honestly considered doing a one month rental in November in Colorado with my daughter if her college will be online. She does not want to study online, but this might soften the pain. That said, I am not sure how the rest of my family would feel about that..lol..

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ugh, that sucks. Luckily the floods here are a couple of hours away.

I was just wondering about you Jenny, on where the floods on the news were in comparison to you. Glad it’s far away, it looks terrible! Those poor people having this added to their plates now too.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I was just wondering about you Jenny, on where the floods on the news were in comparison to you. Glad it’s far away, it looks terrible! Those poor people having this added to their plates now too.
Yep, me too!!! I saw MI flooding photos on the news and immediately thought of you @Jenny !
Predictions here are for rain 13 out of the last 14 days of May here. : (

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thanks for thinking of me - very thankful that I’m not dealing with it personally. I can’t imaging having to evacuate in addition to all the pandemic stuff. Good luck social distancing if you have to go to a shelter.

I think maybe I just found another place to donate some of my stimulus money.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Not MA to ME, but made me think of this thread...
:rotf:
Some Buffoon Drove 600 Miles to Get a Haircut
Well, could be better than what just happened in Springfield, MO, where 2 stylists were apparently ill and exposed 140 patrons in a 2-week (or so) period of time. (Can cite if requested.)

If this thing spikes next fall/winter as predicted by every epidemiologist out there, we could be in for some hard times next winter....never mind skiing...

mustski

Angel Diva
I am still optimistic that a second spike in the virus won't require the same draconian measures. We have learned much more about the virus and how it is spread; we have learned how to mitigate that spread; as a nation, we are more prepared and, as individuals, know what to do. I think we will be required to wear face coverings while skiing and may see lodges and locker rooms remain closed, but we will ski.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I hope you're right, @mustski. Depends on how people behave. Last holiday weekend wasn't encouraging, from what I saw. :frown:

Yes, we're all weary. But it's not going away. So ski resorts are going to have to really jump through some major modification hoops in order to make next season happen.

The biggest issue out here in Very Cold Land is how to manage the indoors. Separating people on chairlifts is not a big deal, although it will make for longer lines (but I doubt people will complain, under the circumstances). On days when it's cold, however - and those days are numerous in New England - providing warm-up places - and food - is going to be incredibly challenging. Social distancing will mean less available space overall. From what I've seen of lodge crowding on busy days, MUCH less available space.

Those who stay at the resorts would have the option to return to wherever they are staying. The day trippers or off-property guests, not so much.

I personally envision that if I were to ski on a very cold day and get cold, I might just pack up and go home. I ordinarily boot up indoors. I might switch that to my vehicle, which is never a great joy when it's 5 degrees.

Who knows - anything can happen. Let's just all behave - and hope for the best.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am more concerned about the system for deciding who will be allowed on the mountain on any given day. They will have to reduce numbers but I don't like the lottery system. I would much rather a first come, first served reservation system. I'm watching to see what they do right now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thredbo in Australia just announced that they won't have any season passes. Those who bought one in 2019 will get a refund and a discounted rate for day tickets. However, the few Aussies who bought a 2019-20 Ikon pass will be able to use it at Thredbo, presumably with a reservation. No word yet what VR is going to do at Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creek.

Ski lifts will be running in Australia the last week of June. Snowmaking is expected to start around June 1. Chairs and gondolas have been put back on the line at the bigger resorts.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Thredbo in Australia just announced that they won't have any season passes. Those who bought one in 2019 will get a refund and a discounted rate for day tickets. However, the few Aussies who bought a 2019-20 Ikon pass will be able to use it at Thredbo, presumably with a reservation. No word yet what VR is going to do at Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creek.

Ski lifts will be running in Australia the last week of June. Snowmaking is expected to start around June 1. Chairs and gondolas have been put back on the line at the bigger resorts.

Wow! I mean I think that's the way to do it if you aren't going to guarantee passholder access I guess? Yikes though, who would be able to ski all of the days most of us do if there were no season passes??? That would be outrageously expensive without massive day ticket discounts, and even then..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna