• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what'd you buy for the coming season?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Did you get new skis, a helmet, a jacket, gloves, or poles? What'd you buy for the coming season? Post your new acquisitions here. Tell us what you bought and why you bought it. C'mon, everyone! It's "Show and Tell!"

Jilly

Staff member
Well so far - new suit - needed one badly. My old ski instructors suit is too big. The new suit is a Rossi ladies jacket - Elips and matching pants. Jacket is last years (read deal) and this years pants. Also when I was in Toronto last weekend I picked up a base layer and gloves from MEC. The gloves are a two part system and should dry better. I picked up another base layer at a "ladies night" sale locally. Oh I got a soft shell from Columbia on the pro-shop deal. It goes with both of my suits, black is always in!!

Marigee

Angel Diva
I bought a Marmot triple trouble shell that has lots of pockets, powder skirt, etc. It's 2 different pink colors with cream and grey, but that's ok because I like pink. I really don't need another jacket, but couldn't pass it up because it was marked down from $230.00 to $79.99. I went into Dick's to buy son #1 some UnderArmour and it was staring me in the face on the sale rack. I also bought a patagonia zip t-neck and a pair of black Marker ski pants (petite!) I'd like to get another pair of skis, but I don't think that is in the cards this year.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My list of ski purchases for the upcoming season depends on when you classify one season's end and another's beginning. This is what I purchased since my last day on the slopes 2005-06
Ski Jackets:
2 SOS bargains on ebay
1 For my husband
Ski Pants:
Isis
Ski socks:
4 pair at the end of the season close out(still in package)
Ski Boots:
Dalbello Krypton Storm ID
Skis:
Volkl Karma 169
K2 Burnin Luv 167
Atomic Teledaddy 163
TheSki 162
Volant Vertex
Helmet:
GiroFuse w/tuneups
Goggles:
Oakley
Ski Bindings:
(3)Salomon 912
Salomon wide brakes for teledaddy's
Look bindings for Karmas
Marker demo bindings for The Ski
Marker wide brakes (just in case I need them)
Marker System bindings for the K2 Burnin Luvs
Salomon bindings for vertex's
I feel like I'm missing something..........:rolleyes:
I can always update later:D

I would really like to get a good set of poles.

Marigee

Angel Diva
okay SnowHot - after reading your list I've decided that maybe I should buy another pair of skis after all. I just have to convince hubby (a non-skier) that I need them!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marigee said:
okay SnowHot - after reading your list I've decided that maybe I should buy another pair of skis after all. I just have to convince hubby (a non-skier) that I need them!
Ski Diva said:
She's a baaaad influence, isn't she????

Its almost embarassing:o
Almost;)

And thats not including the ski gear I owned at the end of the season that I haven't sold.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need an intervention.

NAH! I'm normal!:smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I'd share my "financial expenditure theory" for ski gear purchases:
trekchick said:
Well its like this.
If you have a budget to buy ski gear, and you get a really, REALLY good deal, then you have more ski gear money to keep shopping. If your second, or third purchase takes you over the previous set budget, the original purchases don't get the blame. Are you following me so far?

Now, second scenario:
If you get an 900.00 ski for 500.00, you didn't spend 500.00, you saved 400.00, which entitles you to keep looking for more gear.

Class is in recess for now, I will have more lessons later.
By using this theory, I've saved $2,400.00:D

Jilly

Staff member
Sounds good to me. And if I sell gear, it gets added back into the spending side right?? So my C-9's sold yesterday at the ski swap - 3 years old and I got $ 127.50. (they keep 15%, asking was $ 150.0, somebody got a good deal.) There is still another pair of skis out there and Hubby's boots that he doesn't like. So I could add more to the budget side yet. Might get a pair of all mountain skis yet. Our local shop has a pair of SIAM 10's from last year that were demo's. And he owes me big time. I took out 50 items to put in the swap under my name as he didn't want the shops name on it.

Snowsong

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went to a large sale at a neighboring resort. They always have great deals on clothing. I bought some turtlenecks and ski socks. Somehow, I find that one can never have enough ski socks. I also did a little Christmas shopping and got some stuff for my nephews.

I'm hoping to buy skis this year, but don't want to buy without being able to demo. I'm in a small market, so the shops don't carry a large variety or much in the higher end. Finding the models I want to try won't be easy. I drive about 2 hrs. anyhow to get a proper fit/alignment as the local shops aren't trained in that area. I have 2 pr. of slalom skis now (1 good, 1 pr. rock skis!). I'm thinking of adding an all mt. ski. I guess I'll have to wait on the skis until I have a chance to hopefully ski a few pair.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bought some stuff at the beginning of our season, but the season didn't really happen!

2007 Lotta Luvs
DaKine Heli Pro Backpack
Alpina Fight Goggles

and very recently K2 5 Karat Poles.

I'm not planning on buying any more ski gear, but I do need a few things for our European trip, a new suitcase etc. And I will no doubt shop up a storm in Chamonix and Paris.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shellski said:
Bought some stuff at the beginning of our season, but the season didn't really happen!

2007 Lotta Luvs
DaKine Heli Pro Backpack
Alpina Fight Goggles

and very recently K2 5 Karat Poles.

I'm not planning on buying any more ski gear, but I do need a few things for our European trip, a new suitcase etc. And I will no doubt shop up a storm in Chamonix and Paris.
You have to post a gear review on the lotta luvs when you get on the slopes!

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In just the last 2 weeks I've been raiding the SAC closet. I've order 3 pairs of goggles (it's like a drug!), an insulated Camelbak reservoir, and a new base layer. Prior to that I got the new Volkl Attiva AC2's. And NOW, I've talked hubby into some new ski boots from Boot Fixation in Summit County with a proper fitting and alignment from Jeff B. for Christmas. :D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
dburdenbates said:
And NOW, I've talked hubby into some new ski boots from Boot Fixation in Summit County with a proper fitting and alignment from Jeff B. for Christmas. :D

You lucky, lucky girl. A good boot fitting is a wonderful thing. You'll wonder how you ever skied without it!

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
I just pulled the trigger on a new pair of skis

Volkl ac4 should be fun...
also have bought..

swany mittens
patagonia r4 fleece
giro fuse helmet
frtschi freerides
volkl auras

It's going to be a fun season:D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, nice! We expect a full report on the skis as soon as you try them out!

Marigee

Angel Diva
I didn't start looking at Steep and cheap until I started posting here. You all are a baaad influence. :D I just bought the Arc'teryx Delta AR jacket. It looked like it would be warm and cozy and would fit really well under my shell - not bulky. I hope this doesn't become too bad a habit.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Boy, you're gonna knock 'em dead on the race course. Does Crystel know you have these??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna